Home Gate Windows 7/Window 8

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by Charlie Crackle, Apr 19, 2014.

1. Charlie Crackle

Charlie Crackle

I have a client that the window XP home gate install keeps saying
    "Operating system not supported" the normal windows message.

Before I just disable this message. I am going to be asked... can they update to window 8.

Is Home Gate Fully supported on Windows 7 ??
    Is Home Gate Fully supported on Windows 8.1 update1 ??

X32 or is x64 ok..

the CIS website needs an update

http://www2.clipsal.com/cis/technical/downloads/vistasupport

Charlie Crackle, Apr 19, 2014
  2. Charlie Crackle

Mr Mark

We have used HomeGate (and Schedule Plus) on Windows 7, both 32 and 64 bit without any problem. Haven't tried on Windows 8.1, but should have enough bits and pieces to try here tonight and let you know.

Mr Mark, Apr 20, 2014
  3. Charlie Crackle

Goran C Forum Member

Schedule Plus V5.0 Beta has been tested with Windows 8.1 Update 1. HomeGate should be able to be installed and operate in the Windows 8.1 environment. Please let us know if you have any issues.

Note: If you are planning on updating Windows XP to Windows 8.1, you will need to backup your HomeGate Projects, uninstall HomeGate and reinstall HomeGate to ensure the dongle device drivers are reinstalled for Windows 8.1.

Goran C, Apr 22, 2014
  4. Charlie Crackle

Charlie Crackle

I would rather not be your beta tester...at my expense. I wanted to know the official support.

When I ring up with a problem I don't want tech support saying sorry not supported os only XP is supported.

Charlie Crackle, Apr 22, 2014
  5. Charlie Crackle

daniel C-Busser Moderator

Hi Charlie, allow me to clarify further if I may.

We have not had the opportunity to do a full regression test of the existing Schedule+, PICED and Homegate 4.xx products against Windows 8.1.

However we have not received any significant reports of difficulty using these products on that OS. This is in contrast to C-Bus Toolkit/C-Gate which received many reports and resulted in specific releases for Windows 8.1 support at the end of last year.

In addition, Goran's team undertook a comprehensive test of the beta version of Schedule Plus 5.0 under Windows 8.1, and no breaking issues were found. As version 5.0 has minimal changes to the core version 4.xx product - it is mostly new features added - we inferred with some confidence that the Homegate 4.xx product will also work.

I apologise that it's not as ironclad as you hoped, I'm afraid that is the best assurance we can offer from engineering at this time.

EDIT: Technical Support have a much greater exposure than we do to the range of OSes, service packs, updates, antiviruses and firewalls that customers use. In fact often the first issues are reported from the training courses when customers bring in laptops. As such Tech Support do remain the best first point of call.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2014
    daniel, Apr 23, 2014
  6. Charlie Crackle

daniel C-Busser Moderator

Hi Charlie,

I can add that one of our team members has now done some basic compatibility testing on a Windows 8.1 laptop with HomeGate 4.12.1.0, Toolkit 1.13.0 and C-Gate 2.10.0. Installation went fine and the test project successfully turns lights on/off.

daniel, Apr 23, 2014
  7. Charlie Crackle

Charlie Crackle

Great thanks for the update

Charlie Crackle, Apr 23, 2014
  8. Charlie Crackle

Mr Mark

Hello Charlie.
    I've been a bit tied up but finally tested HomeGate on Windows 8.1 with no problems, either with installation or operation. I set up a simple test project that's been running here at home and will leave it over night to confirm there are no issues.

BTW: just so you know, I don't work for Clipsal :)

Mr Mark, Apr 23, 2014
  9. Charlie Crackle

Mr Mark

Left HomeGate running overnight with no issues.
    All good here. :)

Mr Mark, Apr 24, 2014
  10. Charlie Crackle

robsgt4

I would be a bit concerned if Clipsal states the WinXP is the only supported OS as Microsoft has now discontinued support for XP!

robsgt4, May 16, 2014
  11. Charlie Crackle

dannyd

This is a pretty old thread, but it follows on..... are there any known issues with running Homegate 4.xx on a W10 machine?

dannyd, Jun 6, 2016
  12. Charlie Crackle

DarylMc

Hi dannyd
    I've been running Homegate 4.12.1.0 on a 64 bit Windows 10 desktop since January 2016.
    No problems to mention from me.
    Same as Windows 7, use "Microsoft Task Scheduler" if you want it to auto start.

I have not tried Server X on Windows 10.

DarylMc, Jun 6, 2016
Ask a Question