Home Gate vs Multimedia Dynamics vs Home Touch Systems

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by richy, May 9, 2005.

1. richy

richy

Ok,

I know most of you guys have used one or all of these PC based Touchscreen solutions

Can anyone sum up the pros and cons of each, why you would use one and not the other etc ....

I want to fly with one PC based solution, want to know which is the best.

richy, May 9, 2005
  2. richy

chablis97

I only know the HomeGate product well, so I?m not saying my views are balanced, however . . .

HomeGate provides a flexible project design GUI to allow any C-Bus installer to develop customised interfaces from scratch for their clients. You buy the software, load it onto any PC and design the project interface, including the look and feel, no involvement from the original software developers to design customised screens or make any on-going changes to the interface.

HomeGate is, of course, developed and backed directly by Clipsal themselves and HomeGate Version 3 (released soon) will come complete with a fully featured programming language, which extends its flexibility.

However, HomeGate does not have any MM Flash type integration; therefore the other products can potentially provide a sexier looking interface. Although, like everything graphical, this depends greatly on the graphic design skills of the user-interface developer.

They are different products with different technical and commercial philosophies behind them and I suggest getting demo versions of all of them and decide for yourself which best suits your requirments.

chablis97, May 10, 2005
  3. richy

Phil.H

Hi

"chablis97 lives"

Phil.H, May 11, 2005
Ask a Question