Historic Documentation for Jeeves C-Bus interface

Discussion in 'C-Bus Automation Controllers' started by haybarry, Oct 2, 2018.

1. haybarry

haybarry

Hi,

I've just found this forum. I have a Jeeves JV-100 automation controller with a very early C-Bus interface (If hes details written on the module in sharpie). I am starting to fear for the longevity of this aging solution. My C-Bus solution circa 1998 has a bunch of 4 channel Dimmer units, 4 Channel contact input modules and a 3 x 4 gang C-BUS Switches, one apparently now deceased. The Dimmer units and input units are the original remote modules in approx 250 mm x 150 mm x 75 mm modules, not the current DIN rail style. From my rusty memory, the Jeeves C-Bus interface provided the system clock and interface from the JV-100 to the C-Bus.

I am looking to replace Jeeves (always called Alice in our house) with a Raspberry Pi to run the scenarios and to extend the system. But I have run into the dual issue with the JV-100 interface that when I use it to send direct C-Bus commands through the JV-100 serial interface, I can actuate lights, but do not receive any C-Bus messages on the Serial Port, and the second issue is that if I use the serial port, the JV-100 relinquishes control of scenarios until I reset the controller through the ancient PC interface (which is running on a Windows ME laptop which I also have on life support)

My questions to the collected intelligence here are:

1. Does anyone have any documentation on the JV-100 C-Bus interface. I have the extensive 4 page documentation on the JV-100 but nothing on the C-Bus interface.

2. Has anybody ever 'rolled their own' scenario controller through the JV-100. Is there some command that I need to send on the serial port to enable receipt of C-Bus messaging on the interface.

3. Are my ancient generation 1 modules even comparable modules with modern C-Bus modules.

4. When planning to replace my JV-100 (disaster planning) what is my best solution for new clock source and Serial/USB or IP interface? Clipsal website is frustratingly vague about actual modules, an I've not found a modern catalog yet (2013 anyone?)

Thanks for any pointers.

Barry

haybarry, Oct 2, 2018
  2. haybarry

Ashley

Can't help you with 1 or 2.

They are still supported fine by the latest toolkit.

Both Wiser 2 and the new SHAC have dual CNI's so you can use them with toolkit (or a Raspberry Pi) while they keep on executing scenes and logic etc.

Ashley, Oct 2, 2018
Ask a Question