Help with setting up EDLT to override disable a multi-sensor

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lliam, Nov 29, 2015.

1. Lliam

Lliam

Hi all

I have a job where one of the specs is that all switches will disable the associated multi sensor when the lighting group is turned on from the associated switch.

After much research I have found the correct way of doing it by creating a second lighting group for specifically disabling the sensor and then doing a <custom> function on the switch. Then adding both the normal lighting group and the sensor disable group in by using the block assignments.
    I then set the occupancy disable group in the sensor to the new disabling sensor group i created.

So the outcome (i hope) being that when lights are turned on via the switch the sensor is disabled. Then when lights are turned off via the switch the sensor will become active again.

I have done it this way as apparently just setting the sensor disable to the same lighting group that the sensor is controlling causes issues when you have multiple sensors controlling the same group. This is confirmend in the warning popup you get when you try to save the config on the sensor if you try to program it this way. And unfortunately I do have two sensors controlling one ligthing group in some rooms.

This is fine for my 1 and 2gang switches but the big problem I have now is HOW DO I ACHIEVE THE SAME PROGRAMMING ON AN ELDT???

I have 7 eDLT's that need the same switch overides sensor programming but the eDLT's do not seem to have the ablity to create custom functions with block assignments. All I have the ability to do is select one lighting group when I use the lighting widget.

Am i going about this the wrong way or is what I am trying to do just not possible on the eDLT?

Lliam, Nov 29, 2015
  2. Lliam

tsman

If you just want to control two groups using a single button then you can do it with the eDLT scene widget.

tsman, Nov 29, 2015
Ask a Question