Help with Programming Saturn DLT

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by Grahamiwa, Oct 18, 2011.

1. Grahamiwa

Grahamiwa

I am as green as grass with C-Bus programming.

I am living in the Philippines so do not have great access to C-Bus expertise

I have 10 Saturn DLT I am planning to install with a lighting upgrade project.
    When I first assign a scene to a button it will not let me edit the button label. If I first assign a light group then set the function to scene I can edit the label.

However after doing this on number of DLTs I have found that some of the key labels had changed

I guess I am doing something wrong

The training manuals I have downloaded do not give any detail about programming DLT scenes

What do I need to do to program scenes into the DLTs and relabel the buttons

Grahamiwa, Oct 18, 2011
  2. Grahamiwa

NickD Moderator

For scenes, the label is applied to the combination of Trigger Group + Action Selector, as this is what uniquely identifies the scene.

I suspect you just need to assign values to these for the scene (click the ... icon next to the "Function" dropdown for that key.

Nick

NickD, Oct 18, 2011
  3. Grahamiwa

Grahamiwa

Nick

Thanks for your quick reply

I was wondering what that Icon was about.

I have looked at some of the posts in search of a couple of basic answers but did not quite find what I was looking for.

I have 10 DLTs and most of them will have scenes on them.

I think I have the idea but I will ask the questions just to make sure

When I create the trigger group I am assuming it is specific to the DLT the scene is stored in and the action selector is specific to the scene itself

For example I have a DLT in the Family room I will call Family 1 and it has 3 scenes

On the Family 1 DLT I create a trigger group called Family 1 then action selectors called Scene 1, Scene 2 etc

If I want to initiate Scene 1 stored on the Family room 1 DLT from another DLT then I use Family 1 as the trigger group and Scene 1 as the action selector

I hope I have got this right as I am hoping to get all the programming done before I return home from work in a couple of weeks and can get straight in to installing some of the units

Grahamiwa, Oct 18, 2011
  4. Grahamiwa

NickD Moderator

Exactly. In addition, if you had 2 DLTs in the same room, you would probably use the same trigger group in both, because different scenes within one trigger group are mutually exclusive, meaning that you can't have more than one active at any time (usually because they affect the same lights).
    Exactly! In the other DLT you would just need to create an empty scene and assign the trigger group and action selector. Bear in mind that a DLT can only have one trigger group, so it means all the scenes across both DLTS will now be mutually exclusive. All this really means though is that only one scene can be considered active at any one time, but all this affects is the scene indicators.

Nick

NickD, Oct 19, 2011
  5. Grahamiwa

Grahamiwa

Thanks Nick

Being able to use the same trigger group on more than 1 DLT means that I can create trigger groups by lighting area rather than by DLT as most of my rooms have more than 1 DLT

Grahamiwa, Oct 19, 2011
Ask a Question