Help with c-touch upgrade

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by poj000, Mar 25, 2023.

1. poj000

poj000

Hi all, my new home has a ctouch colour system, a few questions - would love some guidance.
    1. Can I pull the project file down and alter the config or do I need to build a new project?
    2. Is there someone to build/deploy an iPhone app to connect to this unit?
    3. What would you recommend to upgrade it to?

many thanks.

poj000, Mar 25, 2023
  2. poj000

Ashley

What model touch screen?

1. If it's a Colout Ctouch (not colour spectrum) you can retrieve the project and modify it using the free PICED tool.
    2. You can't connect to a touch screen using a phone. You need something like a Wiser or SHAC. Alternatively there a 3rd party apps like Homekit but you would need a Cbus interface like a PCI or CNI to use those.
    3. I wouldn't upgrade it at all. The touch screens are great. If you want mobile access, just add another device as above.

Ashley, Mar 25, 2023
  3. poj000

poj000

Thanks Ashley - so helpful.

it’s a c-touch colour, p/n 3-04-1350-4. When it boots it loads homegate. I’ll take your advice and leave it alone - it does work great.

Re the HomeKit integration - that’s exactly what I’m after, is there a summary anywhere on what to buy, I assume I need a Clipsal Cbus PC Interface module - and do I then run software on a PC?

many thanks.

poj000, Mar 25, 2023
  4. poj000

Ashley

You use Homebridge as the interface between Homekit and cbus (and other stuff). Homebridge can run on a PC, but most people run it on a dedicated raspberry pi. You will need a cbus interface (PCI). If you search for Homebridge you will get lots of post from users that know much more about Homebridge than I do.

Ashley, Mar 26, 2023
Ask a Question