help with Aux input

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by znelbok, Aug 23, 2004.

1. znelbok

znelbok

I have a anx input module (5504AUX) connected to a clipsal isolation unit (for the smoke detectors) and nothing works.

The isolation unit appers to be stuffed after the electricians were there connecting power to the smoke detectors. The NO contact is now closed and so it appears the relay may have been fused, (thats beside the point, me just having a winge about incompetant electricians).

My problem is that now the aux input does not show up in a scan.

There is power to it because you can see the LED light up on power up (although I don't think they should light up as the other one doesn't do it and they look like they 'fizz'), and there is 5V available at the contacts and the c-bus voltage is good for all other devices

I removed it from the network and added it to my test network, but still no go.

It won't switch "loads", won't do anything.

Is there anyway to breath some life into this unit?

znelbok, Aug 23, 2004
  2. znelbok

Will

Clipsal Smoke Alarm Isolator

I have just had a similar experience with the 756 Clipsal smoke alarm isolator. The NO contacts are permanently closed (makes me wonder whether they are labelled incorrectly). The unit requires 6-10V across the Neutral and Interconnect terminals to activate. It appears that it also has a timer of sorts so the relay takes around 9 seconds to activate. The details are on the spec sheet for the 756.

Will, Sep 15, 2004
  3. znelbok

Will

Turned out the 756 isolator unit was faulty. The system works fine with the new unit installed.

Will, Nov 8, 2004
  4. znelbok

Bad Boy Bubby

No smoke without fire?

A bit off the subject but I had a similar sounding problem with the contact on a 756 isolationunit being in the wrong state (this was just a 2 x smokie + 1 x isolation unit install - no C-bus :mad: ). The easest fix was to press the test button and when the smokie came out of alarm the relay came back to the correct state. Give it a try as it beats changing the sucker over :) .

Bad Boy Bubby, Nov 8, 2004
Ask a Question