Help with area and groups

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by phcjpp, Apr 18, 2006.

1. phcjpp

phcjpp

Hi All,

Up until recently I have been using 'area' on my dimmers to achieve all off. That is the area dropdown on all my dimmers is set to 'house'. I created a group called 'house'. Setting 'house' to off turns all the lights off.

But... I have loads of dummy groups too that don't exist in any dimmers. E.g the 'receptioncurtains' group that allows a DLT to set/unset the group and be picked up by my comfort/minder alarm so it can open/close the curtains via its relays.

Unfortunately I have noticed that doing a 'house' off is opening the curtains - not the desired effect as house off is done at night!

Any idea why this should be happening as group 'receptioncurtains' does not appear on any dimmer ?

Thanks
    Chris

phcjpp, Apr 18, 2006
  2. phcjpp

Frank Mc Alinden

Hi Chris

Does the cbus relay modules also have "House" as an area ???

Frank

Frank Mc Alinden, Apr 18, 2006
  3. phcjpp

phcjpp

Its not a CBUS relay. The relay is in the comfort/minder alarm box. The alarm has a 'Comfort - to - CBUS' module which allows the alarm to monitor and set CBUS groups levels. I use a DLT to set a dummy group lvl which the alarm picks up and triggers its relay as a result. No CBUS dimmers or relays use the dummy group. So I don't see how its effecting things - possibly I don't understand areas properly. Or perhaps the 'Comfort - to - CBUS' module is mis-interpreting the area stuff.

Chris

phcjpp, Apr 18, 2006
  4. phcjpp

wanricky

Apart from the dimmers, did you program any "input" device's address to "house"? If not, just try to see if the DLT affects your comfort unexpectedly. Remove the dummy group from DLT (or even remove it from network physically) and try again.

wanricky, Apr 18, 2006
  5. phcjpp

phcjpp

Good idea - will give it a a go. No input units using it by the way.

Chris

phcjpp, Apr 19, 2006
Ask a Question