Help with 5750WPL PIR Please!!

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by Htnut, Mar 25, 2017.

1. Htnut

Htnut

I have several of these outdoor PIRs and I installed and programmed them without any issue about 15 years ago

One of them recently lost its sensitivity so I thought I would just connect a new one , hit reinstall in toolkit and all would be good.

How wrong I was!

After doing that, I could not get the new unit to detect movement. I had a long session with support who finally concluded the unit must be faulty. I ordered a new one and the same thing happened.

Just to double check I reconnected the the first one I bought and it sprang to life.

I thought that was the end of the saga. Three months later, the PIR was full of water so I got a new one and the cycle has started again.

I cannot get the unit to work. I initially reinstalled my configuration into it and it did not work. I then reset the unit and added a single group address. without success

This is driving me nuts so if anyone can figure out what I am doing wrong I would greatly appreciate it

Htnut, Mar 25, 2017
  2. Htnut

Ashley W

Not sure if the problem, but be aware that older outdoor sensors come up as type SENPIRSS but newer ones SENPIROA.

So not sure if when you are installing your new one you should install it as a brand new unit and manually transfer the programming across, or if it will convert for you.

Ashley W, Mar 26, 2017
  3. Htnut

Htnut

Solved

Thanks Ashley. That could have been the problem with the first one but the second one should not have had that problem

Anyway, I connected the unit temporarily next to my computer and once again it suddenly sprang to life! I then moved it outside and it is now working. I checked to voltage there and it is 30 volts.

So problem is solved but the mystery and the many hours wasted remains

Htnut, Mar 26, 2017
Ask a Question