help needed with cbus network....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by d1styl, Jun 21, 2012.

1. d1styl

d1styl

hey all forum users hopefully some of you might be able to shed some light of my issues im having... so the cbus network when crazy yesterday and the whole system stopped working.. i pluged in my pc interface to see if i could find out what was the issue but it couldnt find any network... after more testing i found that one of the cbus power supplys had gone kaput even tho both green lights where on... once i disconnected the pink network cables from the power supply the unit still thinks its connected to the cbus network (green lights still on) ... so thats first on the list to replace... second issue is iv split up half of the cbus network because i had a feeling that one of my switches or pir's is faulty because onec i connect the network back together half of my push button switches wont react.... they just flash... and the cbus network lights on the power supplys go out im not sure if its because there is not enough supply power since one of the supply units is toast or if it could be something more..

and help or advice would be greatly appreciated

many thanks matt

d1styl, Jun 21, 2012
  2. d1styl

Matthew

re help

Hi Matt
    It sounds like all your issues are because you have inadequate C-Bus power. When a network has not enough power for all the units on the network, all the LED's on the Key inputs flash, and pushing the keys "does nothing".

If you energise a power supply, the unit indicator will come on when 240V is present, off when not. The C-bus indicator will flash when insufficient C-Bus power on the network, go off when no mains, a short or insufficient power, and be on when all ok. (so long as it is connected to the network)

So get your C-Bus power sorted out first and then see if you still have any issues.

Regards
    Matthew

Matthew, Jun 22, 2012
Ask a Question