Help needed on Brown Outs and Power Interuption

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by Stu, Feb 21, 2007.

1. Stu

Stu

I live in semi rural area that suffers from power dips, blackouts and very short power interruptions.
    The house has a 3 phase supply, with 3 CBus 5100PS power supplies connected - the old style of power supply.
    A few weeks ago I was woken up to the lights flashing in a disco manner throughout the house, turning on and off every second or so. All in a random manner.
    I checked the voltage and it was 60V on red phase 100v on white and 240v on blue. A brown out.
    As luck would have it the electrician (me) had wired the three power points supplying the CBus power supplies on different phases. They are now on the same phase so the theory is one out all out (I hope).

Also I have experienced very short power interruptions. The CBus switches LEDs flash when the power is restored with no other problems except for unit 125.
    125 is a four gang 2000 series 5034NL.
    Twice now after power interruptions it has disappeared from the network.
    To reinstate the device I found all I need to do is disconnect and reconnect it to the network (physically remove it).

Any idea on this quirk of operation?

I am leaning towards wiring in a voltage sensor that will remove power from the CBus power supplies coupled to an ON delay timer to ensure the power has been off to the CBus power supplies for some seconds.
    Is there away to achieve this by using CBus?

Stu, Feb 21, 2007
  2. Stu

tobex

I normally run a UPS for the old type power supplies. If you want to run any C-Bus logic without power then you will need to get a UPS anyway.

tobex, Feb 22, 2007
  3. Stu

znelbok

We had a thunderstorm last night (had a power failure) and my network went haywire a little while after. Lost all light control, the bus went down and nothing would respond. I had to pull the network apart and slowly piece it together to get it going. Nothing was removed in the end, but there is still a switch that is not working.

I might have to look at a UPS as well for bus and control power as this has happened in the past - I am on a rural property as well.

Mick

znelbok, Feb 22, 2007
Ask a Question