Help needed Cbus2 Melbourne

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Astormsau, Apr 13, 2020.

1. Astormsau

Astormsau

Hi everyone hopefully I can get some help with a little issue.

Just moved into an apartment which is about 15 years old and has a Cbus2 system consisting of a 12 channel relay and 8 channel dimmer system.

There are two ‘all off’ buttons programmed which are at the front door and bedside in the master bedroom. When pressed then dim all lights (on the dimmer unit) and turn off all the lights in the house. The switches have a constant red light illuminated on them.

Today I changed the switch allocation for a few of the lights in the house (not the two designated as all off switches) to control the lights in a more logical way. Now the all off switches no longer function - they are still illuminated red but don’t do anything.

I’m pretty new to Cbus and was just following the basic programming guide. I don’t have a PC or software, etc

Is there a way to restore the function of the all off switch? Can anyone assist? I am in Richmond in Melbourne AUS.

Many thanks
    Andrew

Astormsau, Apr 13, 2020
  2. Astormsau

Trevor

You'll have to provide a little more information, lights and switches have a cbus addresses specified for each of them, they are then told to use each other to function.
    You need to say what type of controller you are using, if it's a colour touch screen it will have these address assignments programmed into it for each button to act accordingly , if you change the light/switch address then the button code would also need to change. Clipsal provides the S/W to modify the Project as it's called, but you may be best off getting a professional to setup the whole system to match.

regards
    Trevor

Trevor, Apr 13, 2020
  3. Astormsau

Astormsau

Hi Trevor
    Nothing so fancy here just standard CBUS controllers in the fuse box and standard light switches around the house as per attached images.

Do you have any recommendations for someone in Melbourne who can program this old unit?

thanks
    Andrew

Attached Files:

Astormsau, Apr 14, 2020
  4. Astormsau

Trevor

Hi Astro,
    Try
    Hidden Technology
    44 Bell Avenue Altona VIC 3018
    Grant Waldram 03 8685 8544
    [email protected]

He should be able to help you out.

Trevor, Apr 14, 2020
  5. Astormsau

Trevor

Hi Astro,
    Let me know if Grant was able to help you with this.
    regards
    Trevor

Trevor, Apr 22, 2020
Ask a Question