Help, my C-BUS has a mind of its own...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SAC, Mar 7, 2006.

1. SAC

SAC

I have a 12 channel relay controlling some garden lights and my garage lights. This has been working fine for 4 months, but last night, I could not turn off my garden lights (Channel 2,4,5) from my CTC or any other input unit. My garage lights (CH 1) and water feature (CH 6) work fine.

Local toggle works fine.

Anyone have any ideas?

SAC, Mar 7, 2006
  2. SAC

RossW

There must be something in the water.

Although operating fine for 6 months, my b&w touchscreen went mad last night too - was constantly rebooting, loading the startup (clipsal) page, then the "programmed by" page, then my normal display and immediately rebooting.

We were drawn to it because it was beeping every time it did it - and the cycle was repeating about every 15 seconds.

Was accepting a touch on the "<NEXT>" button, but that was about all.

Ended up having to pull the damn thing off the wall, remove power, wait, re-apply power and it's fine again now.

No programming changes to the network or touchscreen in over a month.

C-Bus voltages (monitored by the touchscreen at various points over the network) are all fine. I'd be interested in any thoughts on this too. The touchscreen is critical here though, as it controls all the waterpumps and lots of other things which don't have seperate input devices for "manual operation"

RossW, Mar 7, 2006
  3. SAC

Phil.H

Was there a full moon last night :D

Phil.H, Mar 7, 2006
Ask a Question