Help how to arm homesafe alarm panel via CBUS

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by KK06, Jul 14, 2010.

1. KK06

KK06

Hi, all

I have a homesafe alarm panel 16zone and cbus enabled. what I wanted to do is;

Using one of the DLT 5gang (saturn) button
    to arm the alarm panel.

I have read the clipsal 5400/16CB Cbus enabled alarm control panel and on
    page 5 it says " arming with cbus lighting-like application "on" command.... "
    it also says"...cbus arm appplication address is 56.."

How do I call the address "56" from the cbus?

I am still fresh with cbus but how do I do that? from the cbus side.

I have enabled the alarm panel with P1501E

I have also have a PAC

Please help...(step by step is appreicated .. thanks)

Note: toolkits can detect the homesafe alarm panel

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2010
    KK06, Jul 14, 2010
  2. KK06

NickD Moderator

This means the it uses a group address on the lighting application (application address 56).

You need to choose an unused group address on C-Bus and assign this group address to a key on the DLT, probably with a Key Function of "Bell Press". This will set the group ON when you press the key, and off again when you release it.

You program the group address you have chosen into the appropriate location in the alarm panel (it sounds like you have that bit under control), and when it sees an ON command on that group, it will arm. Note that it does not disarm with the corresponding OFF command :)

The full step-by-step procedure is a bit long to type out here... it's pretty basic stuff though, so if you haven't already, you should go through the training course material which can be found on the CIS website.

Nick

NickD, Jul 14, 2010
  3. KK06

Ashley

From toolkit open the local network tree, open the application tree and select the lighting application. In the right pane, click on ADD GROUP. Write down the top number, and in the description box enter 'Arm Alarm' or whatever you want. You have now created an arm group in the lighting application (56).

In the DLT, for the required key, select 'Arm Alarm' or whatever you called it into the group box, and ON in the function box.

Back in the control panel, check that C-BUS ARM APPLICATION ADDRESS (P167E) is set to the default 56, then go to P168E C-BUS ARM AREA 1 GROUP ADDRESS and enter the group address you just wrote down (the value of 'Arm Alarm')

Press the button, the panel will arm.

Repeat above if you want to set up Arm Area 2 or Arm Area 1 & 2

Ashley

Looks like Nick can type faster than me :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2010
    Ashley, Jul 14, 2010
  4. KK06

KK06

Thank you....

Thank you NickD and Ashley. It works beautifully!

Ashley, your step by step is so clear and easy to follow...:)

Once again.. Thanks guys
    Cheers..

KK06, Jul 14, 2010
Ask a Question