Having Problems connection to Wiser after updating Toolkit and PICED

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wiser 1 Controller' started by jorr, Jul 9, 2012.

1. jorr

jorr

Hi,

I have just updated my toolkit and PICED software versions to the latest, and had to re-dump the projects to my home network (toolkit and Wiser) and everything seems to be working well except my iPhone app says its in transparency mode, but I have nothing else connected to the network. I have wiser app 1.3.

Can anyone help?

Regards

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2012
    jorr, Jul 9, 2012
  2. jorr

Newman

This suggests that something (e.g. Toolkit) is using the Wiser to talk to C-Bus. Close all applications that may be holding the connection to the Wiser open and preventing the Wiser UI from accessing it's interface.

Newman, Jul 10, 2012
  3. jorr

wappinghigh

I'm also having these problems

Upgraded PICED. Put on 1.25 onto the WISER. Now "unable to Connect to Wiser". From any interface. Mac, PC. or the iphone (running the 1.3 app) I can see the wiser on my network (via an IP scan) The PC running toolkit has been shut down. Suggestions?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2012
    wappinghigh, Jul 14, 2012
  4. jorr

wappinghigh

I've found this advice in a past message from a user..

"The other commonly seen problem as a cause of "Unable to connect to wiser" is that if one upgraded the firmware on the Wiser, one must also update the PICED project on the unit so that it is in-sync."

What are the steps you need to take to actually do this?

Thanks

wappinghigh, Jul 15, 2012
  5. jorr

Darren Senior Member

Just transfer the project from PICED to Wiser again.

Darren, Jul 15, 2012
  6. jorr

wappinghigh

How do you do this?

I can't seem to do this? Whenever I go to "transfer" project to WISER..there is no program to transfer...

I browse onto my previous projects and nothing comes up "available" to be transferred.. :confused:

These are the steps I'm taking at the moment.

I run c-gate independantly from the command promt. (I use your solution to the current WIN64 Java problem) Thankyou for that!

I launch PICED.

I open a recent project file. And refresh this from the WISER.This happens just fine. And the project loads. (On the first occasion I did this I upgraded the wiser firmware to 1.25)

Now when I go to "transfer project" back to the WISER, I get a message that I have "compile errors" (and nothing happens). I have absolutely no idea how to remove these errors. Or if in fact this is important.

Then If I then select "connect to unit".. I can do this via the WISER CNI (remember I can't seem to get USB via the PAC working)..and tick the box "transfer project to WISER".. nothing comes up in the box...if I then browse to find my project, I can't. All it seems to do is browse me onto my computer looking for project files (*.tar.gz) I don't seem to have any of these files! If I do..where does the WISER store them?...

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2012
    wappinghigh, Jul 15, 2012
  7. jorr

Jasp

Wiser connection issues

I had the same issue, couldn't connect, even with project updated and transferred.

Found when I rolled the firmware back to 1.24 I had no issues.
    Even tried re-addressing the CNI and Wiser and adjusted the Piced project to suit.

Uninstalled new software and currently using old versions.

Jasp

Jasp, Jul 15, 2012
  8. jorr

wappinghigh

Thankyou Thankyou :)

Thanks for this post.

I was starting to get a "complex"...I thought it was just me

But how do you "roll back" to 1.24 without putting on old PICED and going back to the older iphone app..

All very messy

In the meantime my Wiser sit's here unusable and I have nobody available to come out and sort it (at my expense I might add)....

wappinghigh, Jul 16, 2012
  9. jorr

Darren Senior Member

With Wiser, you do not transfer the firmware at the same time as the project. You transfer the new firmware first, then do another transfer of the project file.

If you are getting error 14097, then it means there is an error in your logic code. You will need to fix this before transferring the project. To do this, open the logic engine and see what the compilation error messages are.

You are trying to circumvent the process which is trying to prevent you from transferring a project with errors. Fix the compile errors first as described above.

Darren, Jul 16, 2012
  10. jorr

wappinghigh

Thanks Darren.

Thanks for this information.

I'm trying to get to the bottom of why it seems I have never been able to consistently upgrade my PICED file to my WISER myself.

Every bit of information like this helps..

It's a pity the user just can't disable these logic errors. So they have no influence on whether or not PICED can be uploaded. What harm can be done? Particularly if this step was user selectable. Seeing how the logic was (or wasn't as the case may be) running right on the WISER GUI would be easier than running it within PICED itself.. It's also interesting that one logic error has the potential to stop you using the entire WISER interface!

I am aware you can run it within PICED.. but there you have it.. just my 2 cents..

The logic error is probably pretty small, buried in there somewhere, but there is no way I will be able to find out where the problem is, as alas I didn't write the logic....

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2012
  11. jorr

ashleigh Moderator

You know what happens when you allow a user to load a project containing logic errors...

They download project containing logic errors.

Then they bitch and moan to tech support when their logic does not work.

-----

When you write a program in a C compiler, and is rejected with a Syntax Error, do you expect the computer to be able to link it and run it?

Well... same thing.

ashleigh, Jul 16, 2012
  12. jorr

Conformist

Maybe Clipsal should only make software tools available to approved installers like Crestron, AMX and virtually all other systems suppliers do:eek:

Either that or charge a significant amount, (again like other systems suppliers do) for the software tools...

Conformist, Jul 16, 2012
  13. jorr

Darren Senior Member

Just comment out or delete the logic code if you don't want it.

Darren, Jul 16, 2012
  14. jorr

wappinghigh

Thanks

Thanks. Alway's Helpful Darren :)

How do you "Comment out" logic?

15. jorr

Memphix

I think you should consider attending an intermediate training course (touchscreens) and or reading through some help files.

To comment out code, use // to comment out a single line, or { at the start and } at the end of a module of code. It should turn green in colour (possibly another colour depending on your windows settings).

And the compile error should be telling you where the error is.

IMO blocking an error in logic from transferring is best, keep the issues/problems with the programmer/installer... not with the end user/client.

Memphix, Jul 16, 2012
  16. jorr

wappinghigh

That did it!!

The old parenthesis trick!!

I'd like to thank all those who helped me to nut this out.. :)

17. jorr

wappinghigh

Thanks!

You have no idea how profound this statement is in my case :)

18. jorr

ashleigh Moderator

Mr Wapping has unfortunately had a bad experience with an installer.

Clearly, if the installer can't actually write logic code that compiles there is a bit of a problem out there somewhere.

ashleigh, Jul 17, 2012
  19. jorr

wappinghigh

^

Yeh. My appologies for venting all my frustration on the forum. But I had to get to the bottom of why things weren't working because I was left high and dry to fend for myself. No names have been mentioned by me, so I would respect the same thanks. OK? Fortunately the company concerned don't post on this forum (as far as I know). Now I have a resolution to my software issues, and have managed to instal some faulty equipment and upgrade the Wiser myself, I'm prepared to move on. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2012
    wappinghigh, Jul 17, 2012
Ask a Question