GSM Gateway SMS logic

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by damok, Jun 15, 2008.

1. damok

damok

Hi All,

I have recently purchased a Wavecom Fasttrack Supreme GSM gateway with hopes of remotely switching C-Bus groups. I have been playing around with the logic code submitted by Darren, but am having trouble getting the supplied code to see in-comming messages. I have been able to send outgoing messages by triggering C-Bus groups but not vica versa. If anyone is familiar with the logic code submitted by Darren (Using logic with SMS), and has had success in sending SMS commands to control switching, your help would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. I can see received messages using Hyperterminal and know that the GPRS setup is receiving messages with the correct +CMT header.

Thanks in advance for anyone who may be able to shed any light on the subject.

Regards,
    Damon

damok, Jun 15, 2008
  2. damok

Darren Senior Member

I would suggest that you enable the "Show Logic Serial Messages" option on the log. It will enable you to verify that the messages being received are what you expect. It is very common with serial control to have unexpected characters (for example a carriage return) cause the logic parsing to not work as expected.

Darren, Jun 16, 2008
  3. damok

damok

Thanks Darren,

Tonight I have been able to get a little bit further, but I'm experiencing a lockup in the logic engine until a text message is received. Once I send a message to the GPRS gateway, the logic engine resumes (Homegate not responding disappears) and I can then enter operation mode. I shall try your suggestions tomorrow to see exactly what is happening.

Regards,
    Damon

damok, Jun 16, 2008
Ask a Question