Group States management

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by Orihama, Oct 28, 2007.

1. Orihama

Orihama

How can i turn a led On on a keypad button when another group is On.
    Lets say that I'm turning On the Bed side light from a keypad button inside the room. I would like then the Virtual Group All_Light_In_Bedroom led on the keypad at the entrance door of this room to switch On (Without turning Any groups On)
    so I can press this All_Light_In_Bedroom Off when exiting the room to turn off wathever was On.
    This All_Light_In_Bedroom group name would be used to turn On some selected groups when On and to turn Off all groups related to this room when pressed.
    Thanks for help.

Orihama, Oct 28, 2007
  2. Orihama

wanricky

I think you need write down the key functions and think about that again..

From my understanding:
    Firstly, you want "One" single key programmed with Group address "All_Light_In_Bedroom", and put it on a keypad, say NEO switch, at door side.
    Then
    (1) It should be an indicator, doing nothing, if a another light is turned on at another switch.
    (2) It, however, is an ALL OFF switch for that room again.
    (3) Moreover, it is an Some groups ON switch when pressed again.

So, you are asking a Group address doing different jobs when it is ON, controlling different things when it is OFF at the same time. I am not sure if that's you want and if it is logical or not.

In real we normally make things very simple: One Entry Scene key and One Exit scene key. You always press exit scene when you left the room.

If the room is so big that you need an indicator to see if there is anything turned ON, you may need a PAC controller to monitor the loads and sets the indicator states. And then you may do some more programming for the scene activation, but you need on site testing to see if you can sync the indicator and your scene triggering but not activating each other.....

wanricky, Oct 31, 2007
Ask a Question