Group On Off

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by Dave Byron, Mar 6, 2005.

1. Dave Byron

Dave Byron

Group on /off
    Can you toggle the Enable and Control groups in toolkit and why don?t they show the correct status (when toggled from touch screen)??.
    Should the on /off buttons be greyed out if this not a valid option

dave

Dave Byron, Mar 6, 2005
  2. Dave Byron

Duncan

Hi Dave,

This has been resolved in the Development Build and you'll see it in the next release..

Duncan, Mar 6, 2005
  3. Dave Byron

Dave Byron

on/ off groups

Duncan
    tks, running out of groups in lighting so moved some of my controls to enable App then went to test using toolkit - turn on and off scenes but could not toggle so added tempory buttons on touch screen.

tks
    dave

Dave Byron, Mar 6, 2005
  4. Dave Byron

Duncan

Hi Dave,

These new groups.. are they doing "Lighting like" functions?

It would be better to createa a completely new Application rather than using Enable for controlling lights.. it could cause issues you for later on..

Progressively Toolkit will get more and more strict about what you can and can't do with each Application, especially as we release more and more and Hardware that begins to use these 'special' Applications more extensively.

Sticking to the range 48 to 95 (decimal) is safe and will not cause issues for you later on.. if its not too late.. a change might be in order.

Duncan, Mar 6, 2005
  5. Dave Byron

Dave Byron

groups

Duncan.

Not lights i am using them as controls for sceens in touch screens, the current problem with switchs is as you know only one app can be used on a single switch so if i put pool stuff on one app. then i need a switch just for the pool, can not mix lights and pool stuff together.
    Most homes we do now i need 200 plus groups so it now more cost effective to put in touch screens then lots switchs in the same area and put all the tricky loads on the touch were the app. does not matter.

Read your note on the reserved app number - tks

dave

Dave Byron, Mar 7, 2005
  6. Dave Byron

ashleigh Moderator

Just to pick on a small point:

In a touchscreen, the app DOES matter. The allocations and meanings of applications applies to cbus in general.

The touchscreen just has a lot more memory and grunt under the hood, and it supports a lot more applications from a single unit compare to a standard cbus switch.

ashleigh, Mar 8, 2005
Ask a Question