Ground Moisture/Rain sensor, Weather station

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ColDude, Jul 7, 2009.

1. ColDude

ColDude

I?ve just been thinking up a project and currently after some information from other users with what they have used.

I?m planning on controlling the irrigation of my garden, what would you suggest for ground moisture and Rain sensors (Make/Model)?

Also is there a weather station sort of thing (wind/temperature/humidity) that I can incorporate into a CBUS system?

Colin

ColDude, Jul 7, 2009
  2. ColDude

Conformist

Bunnings have a very simple rain sensor that works on a dry contact output. I seem to remember they cost about $60 and can feed into an Aux input unit that can then work with logic in a B&W or colour touchscreen.

Over the years, I've had all sorts of automation controllers I've put together with rain, wind and moisture sensors. By far the most valuable component has been the simple rain sensor.

Cheers

Conformist, Jul 7, 2009
  3. ColDude

Ingo

I'm using a Hunter Weather Station through a good old Bus-Coupler. Very basic and works like charm. I check Wind and Rain but I see they have a new one out that can do temperature as well.

Ingo

Ingo, Jul 7, 2009
  4. ColDude

ColDude

thanks guys..

ColDude, Jul 8, 2009
Ask a Question