Green (Digital) Cable Pin outs ......

Discussion in 'Multi-Room Audio (MRA) and MARPA' started by Charlie Crackle, Dec 29, 2005.

1. Charlie Crackle

Charlie Crackle

Is there any chance of getting the green cable (Digital Audio) pin outs.

Are all 8 wires used ??

1 Pair Digital Audio
    1 Pair Power
    2 Pairs IR ??

Will the Matrix Switcher Handle a short on the power supply pins ?? (ie some one miss wired. Cable was cut. What would happen if some one plugged in a Xover patch lead by accident. Is it the sort of cable that needs to be tested (including patch leads) and signed off before any equipment is plugged in. (Because if you dont you have just bought a clipsal smoke machine !!)

What happens if a Green cable was plugged into a computer network card.
    Matrix Digital output to Computer network card ?? SMoke ?? or does the Matrix switcher have some sort of AMP detection before it supplies power.
    What I am thinking here is if a customer has entire house already cat5 wired and wants to retrofit Audio. Has an existing PATCH frame and we patch the digital audio (Like data). I am just wondering if this is an accident waiting to happen if a miss patch is done) (ie digital audio output to a Network Switch !)

Is the IR sent the same on the cat 5 as the 8050 Products ?
    I dont suppose you could put a 8050TJ in the green cable to inject another IR input. (if I remember the unused pins are wired straight through)

Charles

Charlie Crackle, Dec 29, 2005
  2. Charlie Crackle

TheDuck

The pin outs below should answer most of your questions here although others may add when they return from the break. Short circuit protection is provided and I believe that you will not damage the MRA hardware by connecting it to your data network by accident.

1. GRN
    2. +27
    3. GRN
    4. GRN
    5. RECTIC IR
    6. PNP (plug & play)
    7. DATA
    8. DATA

The addition of Targets should be done by extending the cable on the back of the amp to the Targets location.

Hope this helps in the short term.

Regs

TheDuck, Dec 29, 2005
Ask a Question