Google Home, Smartthings, OpenHAB, etc, etc.

Discussion in 'Voice Control' started by gtervit, Apr 7, 2020.

1. gtervit

zei20t

OK, so finally got HA running in a docker. talks to my AC (daikin), Cameras (hikvision), doorbell (ring), irrigation (b-hyve), blinds (neosmartblinds) and now c-bus.

right now, i have CNI --> cgate-server (docker) --> cgate-mqtt (docker) --> mosquitto (docker) --> HA

and it works. and its pretty fast. dimmer cards etc.

so today, i cloned the github of cmqttd to give it a go. took me ages, never done it before. but, now makes complete sense.

it starts up, and connects to the CNI and MQTT broker but then i get a crap load of python errors, it restarts and does it all over again.

anyone else had that?

zei20t, Oct 20, 2020
  2. gtervit

gtervit

Sounds like everyone's having fun getting this working, and loads of different ways too.

A minor update from me... having been happy with the OpenHab arrangement and also having purchased a QNAP NAS, I went fully docker. Just took two images and it all works:

1) Created a docker container based on steppinghat/cgate-server:latest (it's just cgate, no MQTT).
    Docker config: Private vnet, with port forwarding to let other machines on my local network get to it on the standard cgate ports (20023-26,20123). Externalised all the config/logs folder so they sit outside the container and are therefore easy to get at.
    Cgate config: Added the standard cgate config file to tell it where the CNI is and who to permit access (local subnet), and to auto-open my network.

2) Created a docker image based on openhab/openhab:latest.
    Docker config: network-mode:host so it can do broadcast/multicast discovery on the local network - not needed for cgate, but helps with other bindings.
    OpenHab Config: Added in the cgate binding (included), pointed it to the cgate container (ip address of the NAS due to the port forward)
    Config openhab link to the web for google home access using openhab cloud connector.

All working. no problem. No MQTT, lights just show up in openhab as the cbus binding supports discovery, voice control working, etc. And all neatly wrapped up in containers for easy creation via yaml files, easy image based updates, restarts automatically, external config/log files on a nice share I can get to from windows, etc.

only gotcha was having to add google automation tags to each individual light I wanted to tell OpenHab to expose to google on the openhab console via ssh: eg, smarthome:metadata add HallwayDimmer ga Light

Oh, and I swapped out the wiser after it bricked for the second time and had to get it RMA-ed, and since I wasn't using it for anything other than a CNI. Now just using a 5500CN2. Anyone want to buy a brand new Wiser2? :)

gtervit, Oct 20, 2020
  3. gtervit

zei20t

wow openhab talks to a cgate server? holy crap thats good!

i might look into that too, but ive put a heap of effort into HA lol

zei20t, Oct 20, 2020
  4. gtervit

chromus

Be super careful with open HAB it breaks Ubiquiti Unifi and a number of other things. Its a poorly coded POS with a pretty interface. They brute force the webserver to intercept all web requests rather than a port by port approach,

chromus, Oct 20, 2020
  5. gtervit

zei20t

ahh damn. how does it break unifi? i used it last year to play with, but it didnt break network stuff.

zei20t, Oct 20, 2020
  6. gtervit

arrikhan

Did you ever fix this ? I’ve built a container and had exact same problem with python errors.

Code:
    Local time zone: Australia/Melbourne

Current time: Sun, 13 Dec 2020 14:36:48 +1100

Running with flags: --broker-address 10.1.0.220 --timesync 300 --broker-port 1883 --tcp 10.1.0.240 --broker-disable-tls

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/usr/bin/cmqttd", line 11, in <module>

load_entry_point('cbus==0.2', 'console_scripts', 'cmqttd')()

File "/usr/lib/python3.8/site-packages/cbus/daemon/cmqttd.py", line 474, in main

run(_main())

File "/usr/lib/python3.8/asyncio/runners.py", line 43, in run

return loop.run_until_complete(main)

File "/usr/lib/python3.8/asyncio/base_events.py", line 616, in run_until_complete

return future.result()

File "/usr/lib/python3.8/site-packages/cbus/daemon/cmqttd.py", line 448, in _main

factory, addr[0], int(addr[1]))

IndexError: list index out of range

Using TCP CNI at 10.1.0.240

Disabling TLS support. This is insecure!

/etc/cmqttd/auth not found; skipping MQTT authentication.

/etc/cmqttd/project.cbz not found; using generated labels.

arrikhan, Dec 13, 2020
  7. gtervit

zei20t

Hey mate,

no, never did. but i got pretty similar errors to you.

the current setup seems to be working fine and does what i want. for now.

i have to configure each group to work in HA. but realistically, i dont have every light available in HA, just the ones i want to automate from another system to cbus.

zei20t, Dec 14, 2020
  8. gtervit

zei20t

so i think it only supports authenticated MQTT.

that said, i havent tried it again since this time.

zei20t, Jan 21, 2021
Ask a Question