Going Out Mode - Schedule

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by thelauman, Dec 18, 2004.

1. thelauman

thelauman

Hi there,

Was wondering what the best way would be to set up a Vacation mode on a C-Touch screen so that when an on/off button is pressed it activates 'Going Out mode' which then Enables a series of scheduled items, and vice versa when in the off state disables the scheduled items.

What i have done is assigned a group address called 'En Going Out Mode' in the Enable Application (although could use Lighting application so that it can be also assigned to a regular key input) to an on/off button, and the Level to 100%. So when the on/off button is on (100%) it enables the Scheduled item(s).

The scheduled item, for example, might be: turn on living room lights (pulse group) to 50% at 7pm for 2 hours then switch off.

So the scenario would be such that when you leave the house (at whatever time) you press "Going Out Mode" which then will turn the living room lights on at 7pm for 2 hrs as mentioned above.

Now my question is... is there a way to have this work so that if u press the "Going Out Mode" button AFTER 7pm (or after the time a scheduled item is set for) the lights will go on and stay on for the remainder of the time set. EG. if u press the button at 8pm lights go on immediately and will stay on until 9pm (the remaining hour of the time the scheduled item was supposed to start, 7pm).

I know it is a little wordy but hope you get what i mean. Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated.

Cheers

thelauman, Dec 18, 2004
  2. thelauman

Darren Senior Member

There isn't currently any method for doing this automatically. If you were going out at 8PM, you could switch on the light which would have been switched on by the schedule at 7PM. The 9PM schedule will then switch it off as usual.

When the logic engine is released, this sort of thing will be easy.

Darren, Dec 19, 2004
  3. thelauman

Andrew

I have had a similar situation in our office with internal sign lighting. Given that staff leave at all different and varied times through the night the lights may or may not stay on for the desired time period. I got around this by just timing them off after 3 hours regardless of the time this is triggered. Just a compromise but it means we burn energy sometimes longer than we need to. (Am I on the same brain wave length?) My question is (being that I have not really experimented with this too much and am quite new at the c-bus thing)... is it possible to set 'on' times, say 5 or 10 mins apart, after 7:00 to re-trigger this even if you press the going out trigger at say 7:30???? My problems may be a little different though because I seem to be having some issues with scheduling - I seem to have some conflicts and it's doing some strange things with lights. At present my scheduling is not working at all on 2 groups even though it has been enabled. C-touch seems to be a bit disagreeable with what I'm trying to make it do. Any ideas?

Andrew, Dec 20, 2004
  4. thelauman

Garfield

I am not sure if I am a bit slow today, but I read your (Andrew) post three times but I can't work out what you are asking.

Can you please describe what your requirements are (i.e. what system behaviour you are trying to achieve) ?

Garfield, Dec 20, 2004
  5. thelauman

Andrew

Don?t worry! It?s not you it?s me. I am the master of confusion and am very new at this. Perhaps I should start with the first problem and work from there. I can?t get my lights to come on at the scheduled times. I have a c-touch and a scene controller controlling the same lights with the c-touch scheduling the lights. I?ve been fiddling with it and trying different things so I?ve had a multitude of different things happening eg. Lights on that should not have been on, lights on all night etc etc and I?m sure it?s just me not knowing what I?m doing, but is there any reason why an enabled schedule would not work. ie. Sign lights on at 5:30 and off at 8:00. It seems to me to be a relatively simple thing to do.

Andrew, Dec 21, 2004
  6. thelauman

Garfield

As long as the Schedule is enabled, it should run reliably. The Schedule enabling Group Address needs to be at the correct level for the Schedule to be enabled.

Have you tried out the project with the C-Touch Configuration Software in Simulation Mode to make sure that it is all OK ? You can have the log running to keep track of what is happening.

Ideally you should try to get on one of the C-Touch training courses.

Garfield, Dec 21, 2004
  7. thelauman

coppo

Some other variations

What i have also done is created a C-Bus button that has
    "active text font indication" - example GA01

Active state = "At Home"
    Inactive state = "Away"

You can then have two scenes
    "At Home" scene triggered by GA01 = 100%
    it contains specifc lights on or off, but also has-
    an "enable" GA for "At Home" schedules set to on/enabled