Getting status of Single Group

Discussion in 'C-Bus Serial Protocols' started by Maurits Roos, Sep 24, 2011.

1. Maurits Roos

Maurits Roos

Hi Guys I am currently working on a interface using a bitwise controller talking to a PCI I am getting feed back status from CBUS using the application MMI \05FF007A3800<CR> and Level MMI \05FF0073073800<CR> and using the data received back through the PCI to show the state of the groups on my touch screen devises connected to the controller all working very well.

What I want to do is get the state of a specific group only.

In the PCI user Guide it gives examples of point to multi-point commands as above and good examples of the bit coding making it very easy to work out.

It touches very briefly on Point to point commands into a local C-Bus network giving an example to recall the current value of parameter $30 on unit $04 \0604001A3001AB saying this will reply 8604990082300328 but doesn?t define the bit coding very well

Can you tell me what I need to send to get a specific group status only and what I should receive back

Maurits Roos, Sep 24, 2011
  2. Maurits Roos

Don

The easiest way to keep track of group levels, once you have determined them with application MMI and level MMI is to continuously monitior SAL commands, and this keep your model of the world up-to-date.

To get the status of a single group using point-to-point commands is tricky, but you can use Identify commands to get most information.

All units except mask 1.00 units support more than the basic Identify commands (manufacturer, unit type and firmware version), and you can extract all group levels existing in the unit this way. The format is \06UU0021ID for units on the local network (UU = unit address, ID = Identify number). I can't recall what all the identify (ID) numbers do off the top of my head, but you can experiment with the unit you are communicating with. There aren't many, and most are in the range 00..20. There's group addresses, levels, power-up recovery levels, network voltage, and a few combined identify commands to give other information. The identify numbers that are supported differs from unit-to-unit, but there is a core set supported by all units.

Identify commands always return a command with a header 8XID or 9XID (where X is any value in the range 0 to 9, A to F and ID is the identify number), usually followed by a list of byte values in hexadecimal, although some like identify 07 return a string in hexadecimal ASCII representation.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2011
    Don, Sep 24, 2011
  3. Maurits Roos

Maurits Roos

Thanks for your feed back Don I?ve have had a play around with this and found all the IDs in the PCI user guide This doesn?t quite do what I want, you can request the status of the GAV values and it gives you the states of all the GAVs in the unit you have requested them from. The reason I want the state of a specific GAV is that I an trying to do a toggle function on a button, the Bitwise controller has only 30 variables that I can use to keep the world up to date if you like. As in some of my CBUS installs I have 200 Plus GAVs, to get around this as my idea was to request the state of specific GAV and on the feed back data reverse the state of the GVA to give the button the Toggle function. But I don?t think this is possible unless you have any ideas.

Maurits Roos, Sep 26, 2011
  4. Maurits Roos

ashleigh Moderator

Its not possible.

You need to monitor the bus traffic and build your own internal model of the group(s) you are interested in - just like every other C-Bus device.

ashleigh, Sep 27, 2011
Ask a Question