Getting Multisensor to remember level GA was last set too.

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by Lliam, Jul 18, 2018.

1. Lliam

Lliam

Hi All

I think this is a fairly simple question that has propably been asked and answered before but I can't seem to find the answer when searching the forums.

Is there a away to get a Multisensor to turn a GA back on to the level that GA was last set to by another input device?

For example i have a meeting room with a multisensor and a 1g switch with dimming capability. The peopleenter the room and dim the lights to 75%. People then leave the room long enough for the sensor time to expire and lights turn off. People then re-enter the room, sensor detects movement and turn lights back on to last dimming level set (so 75%).

Is this possible and if so can it be done with key function settings within the sensor or is this a job for logic programming. Or am I on drugs and asking for the impossible?

Lliam, Jul 18, 2018
  2. Lliam

Ashley

To do exactly as you say, create a new ga for the sensor and set the sensor to trigger that ga to 100%. Then in the logic tab of the output unit controlling the light, go to the logic tab and on one line select the sensor ga, tick the lighting channel and select MIN. Now when the sensor is off, the light will be off. When the sensor is triggered, the light level is set by the lighting ga.

Problem is, if the lights are dimmed to OFF by the user the sensor won't do anything (as it's setting the level to what the user asked for). Also, if the sensor is off, you can't turn the lights on manually.

That's the problem with these complicated scenarios, there's always a gotcha :)

How do you want it to work in these other cases?

Ashley, Jul 19, 2018
  3. Lliam

Lliam

Thanks for the reply Ashley.

You solution sounds great but there is one problem... I am running a DALI dimming system so I have no LOGIC tab as found on the universal dimmers (apologies probably should have mentioned this in my original post )

Is it possible to acheive the same outcome by writing a Logic statement that is run from a C Touch?

Also just so I am clear, with your last statement "if the sensor is off, you can't turn the lights on manually" do you mean if the sensor is DISABLED when you say "if the sensor is off"?

Thanks
    Lliam

Lliam, Jul 22, 2018
  4. Lliam

Ashley

You can use logic in the C Touch using a similar principle. Create a separate ga for the sensor. In logic keep track of the lighting ga level using the HasChanged function. Whenever it changes , if it is not 0, then save that value in a global variable. When the sensor ga goes to on, issue a pulseCbusLevel function on the lighting ga for the saved value for whatever time you want.

Using the output unit logic, if the sensor was off, the light would always be off (since it's the minimum of the two). Using the logic above, the switch will always work, and the sensor will never store a zero value, so it will always turn the light on to the last preset level.

Ashley, Jul 22, 2018
Ask a Question