Getting Fonts to Work

Discussion in 'C-Bus Automation Controllers' started by tassiebean, Feb 16, 2020.

1. tassiebean

tassiebean

Hi,

I'm having trouble getting extra fonts to work. You load new fonts into the 5500 by selecting the "Vis. graphics" tab, then selecting Fonts tab. That part is easy. However, when the web page Visualisation is displayed the SHAC doesn't serve up these fonts to the browser (an error occurs).

Using the browser Inspector function, you can see what is happening. In my case, I added some extra fonts as per above (Trebuchet, Lemonada, Andy, etc), and I'm pleased that the webpage served up by the 5500 has corresponding @font-face statements, which is good! These tell the browser where to find the fonts when needed later in the HTML code. See attached image.

font-face.png
    But when the fonts are actually used an error occurs (they can't be found from the 5500). See attached image - using the Chrome browser on Windows 10 (using the programmer debugging Inspector feature - F12).

errors.png

For those that don't know, the HTTP 404 error message is a Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP) standard response code, in computer network communications, to indicate that the browser was able to communicate with a given server, but the server could not find what was requested. In other words, the Visualisation webpage asked the 5500 for the font, but the 5500 said "I don't have it!".

Actually, the Trebuchet and Andy fonts DO display correctly on a Win 10 computer but only because they are built into the OS, not because the 5500 font serving function worked correctly. Displaying the same page on Safari on an iPad has the same errors (of course), but the Trebuchet text displays correctly (Trebuchet is one of the few common fonts to Windows and Apple) but Andy doesn't display correctly, since this is not native to Apple devices, and the 5500 doesn't serve it up.

Of course, this page should display both fonts correctly on both Windows and iPad through the mechanism of the font-face function causing the 5500 to serve up the fonts on the fly as needed on any system, but it doesn't work.

Any wizards here understand why and what to do about it? Or is the 5500 font feature just broken?

Thanks!

Phil

tassiebean, Feb 16, 2020
  2. tassiebean

lcrowhurst

just broken :(...

But fixed in version 1.7 :) when it arrives :(

lcrowhurst, Feb 17, 2020
  3. tassiebean

tassiebean

Thanks for that. I'm glad someone understands!

Any news on 1.7?

tassiebean, Feb 17, 2020
  4. tassiebean

lcrowhurst

tested with 1.7 and it works, so just got to wait for release (no date yet)

Attached Files:

lcrowhurst, Feb 17, 2020
    Damaxx likes this.
Ask a Question