General lighting questions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by timmmmm, Jun 2, 2009.

1. timmmmm

timmmmm

Hi there,

I have about 3 weeks until lockup on the new house I'm building and have a few questions about light selection. The new house has been designed and built with the theory that I want it to be as energy efficient as possible.

These questions relate to the selection of lights around the house. Without CBUS I would almost certainly be forging ahead with CFL downlights in areas like laundry, downstairs hall, pantry, under stairs etc that won't ever require dimming, and then anything that may require dimming be fitted out with LV halogen and dimmers etc. This has been the plan all along, and I would like to know if that plan is suitable using CBUS. I have been working with the builders electrician and a CBUS installer with some experience, and they both recommend using all LV halogen. Is this the norm? or is there a tendancy to try to utilise these more energy efficient lighting methods? I understand that there is generally a need to install more CFL than LV Haolgen to cover the same room space. Is that assumption also still correct?

Don't get me wrong, I won't be trying to short circuit the electricians and installers, I just really want to make the most informed decision now rather than follow incorrect assumptions passed along from one person to another.

Any thoughts???

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2009
    timmmmm, Jun 2, 2009
  2. timmmmm

Leigh

Leigh, Jun 6, 2009
Ask a Question