General Input Unit - Values Not Always Saving?

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wireless Hardware' started by abg, Oct 7, 2011.

1. abg

abg

On Channel 1 & 2 of the GIU the scaling & offset values in the 'Enable Broadcasting on the Measurement Application' do not seem to be saved.

On Channel 1 (4-20ma) I set the scale to 1 and offset to 0 and after applying the changes, going to another tab (or closing the editing screen) and then returning to Channel 1 the multiplier keeps returning to 78.43.... and offset 4.

On Channel 2 (1-10v) I set the scale to 1 and offset to 0 and after applying the changes, going to another tab (or closing the editing screen) and then returning to Channel 2 the multiplier keeps returning to 39.21... (offset stays at 0).

Channel 3 & 4 seem ok.

The Unit Prefix (if set to none) always seems to come back as 'milli' when volts selected.

Very odd. Any thoughts? I'm definitely applying the changes.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2011
    abg, Oct 7, 2011
  2. abg

abg

Really Simple Test Please!

Could someone please do a simple test for me on a GIU?

1. Go to a Channel and select Input type 0-5v,
    2. Enable Broadcasting on measurement app with the following:
    Rate = 30
    Value = 0%
    Scaling = .39215
    Offset = 0
    Prefix = none
    Units = volts

(the above don't really matter much except for the Prefix and Volts) and save the changes. Move to another Channel tab and back to the above one and see if the Prefix is still 'none'. I can't get it to stay there - always defaults back to milli. This is ok if you only need one ch on none but if you need two (which I do) when you move to the other channel and save changes the first channel ends up being saved as milli again.

This means the GetRealIBSystemIO() values are divided by 1000. Fixable by multiplying back in the logic but it did catch me out a bit.

Many thanks!

abg, Oct 15, 2011
  3. abg

Darren Senior Member

I can see this happening too. Issue number 22245

Darren, Oct 17, 2011
  4. abg

PeteS

I get this as well. The issues I have seen are as follows;

Tab off / Tab back issues:-

1 Units of measurement always reverting to milli when I want none.

2 Levels always shown as A(micro)A rather than deg C.

3 Edit event box cannot display 0 to 255 correctly. It only shows 0, 1, or 2.

4 In software version 1.11.7 the event levels always reset to max. This appears to have been fixed on release 1.11.9.

Open the GUI issue:-

5 It doesn't read from the 5504GI when the box opens as only "reset" data is shown.

It would be nice to know what was there before I edit, but it must be saving something right as my reported temperatures are sort of correct apart from an unpredictably positioned decimal! According to Application Log, the temperature of my hot water tank is 5.6e-5 C. Cold showers tonight then.......:eek:

Best

Pete

PeteS, Oct 22, 2011
  5. abg

7iron

Hi

Is there a work around for this - because the General Input Unit is pretty well unusable if the values returned are multiplied by 39

7iron, Jan 30, 2012
Ask a Question