General input unit read out

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by l60mcm, Jul 10, 2013.

1. l60mcm

l60mcm

Is there any easy way that I can take the readings form a General input unit and display them on a graph on a PC. I currently have a Wiser and BW touch screen no logic

Any help would be great

l60mcm, Jul 10, 2013
  2. l60mcm

bmerrick

Hi 160mcm,

You can download a copy of Homegate (or Schedule Plus) from clipsal.com/cis in downloads. It has a graphing element you can place on your project. Also, it's not that obvious, but you can overlay several transparent graphs to make a larger multi-faceted graph. If you like what is gives you, you can then buy a software dongle (the licence). The eval version is fully functional but times out every so often. An earlier version 3.9 is still available free I believe (?? was before - in the same download area under previous versions) and has graphs, no internet element, but requires an old C-Gate config, which is fine if local on the PC but can take some setting up.

Other than this, you can use your Wiser's logic engine to output a CSV file of 'the data' which you can pick up in another product like Excel etc. Excel can be configured to automatically keep a graph updated with an external data source, which would be your file. Day Traders use it all the time for this!!!

Hope that gives you a few ideas.

Brad

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2013
    bmerrick, Jul 10, 2013
  3. l60mcm

l60mcm

Thank you for your help one question do I have to down load the wiser project every time I want to update the graph

Leonard

l60mcm, Jul 11, 2013
  4. l60mcm

bmerrick

Hi l60mcm,

Unfortunately, that would be the case, downloading the file.

Forgot to mention you could probably do an PostHTTPData to a personal webserver set up on the PC from Wiser logic. That would remove the need to download the file. It needs the latest Wiser Version 1.30.0 firmware where they implemented PostHTTPData.

The guys have been discussing it here. You could ask Roosta for a few pointers / some sample logic for Wiser to send your data and then to test that is was sent.

Good Luck with it,

Brad

bmerrick, Jul 11, 2013
Ask a Question