General Input Unit and Water Tank Sensors

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by leeandj, Dec 12, 2011.

1. leeandj

leeandj

After reading this thread, we purchased two Anadex sensors and a GIU.

I have configured them according to the instructions, but am confused as to the output results.

The sensors operate between 0 and 4m depth, and output 4 - 20mA. My tanks are full (at 1.8m depth), and the sensors output 11.83 mA at this depth.

I am sure that the multiplier and offset are correct as inputting these values into the format y=mx + b yields the volume in litres that I would expect.

Questions are as follows:
    1. Why does the Current Level show 40%? What does this correspond to? What does the value '246833' mean?

2. The values broadcast on the measurement application seem bizarre! How can I have negative numbers?

Any help much appreciated,
    Lee& J.

Attached Files:

leeandj, Dec 12, 2011
  2. leeandj

Darren Senior Member

1.8m is 45% of 4m. This is probably where the 40% figure comes from (with some error).

2544 x 40/100 * 255 - 10178 = 249,310 so the figure of 246,833 is roughly correct.

It is not clear why the Measurement Application Manager in PICED is showing negative values. Use the C-Bus Diagnostic Utility to look at the messages on C-Bus to see what is being broadcast.

Darren, Dec 13, 2011
  3. leeandj

simont

Lee,

Not sure if you still have an issue with the GIU and Anadex sensors. I have used them before for customers and have had an issue with the online calculator from Anadex.

The sensor has a range of 0 to 4.5 m, so 1.8 / 4.5 = 40%. This part is correct.

I use a different formula for the multiplier and offset though. Use the same values for your Depth when the tank is full and for the Capacity, but try the following and put the multiplier into Toolkit. Make sure the Units Of Measurement are correct and tick Show Current Level.

Multiplier = (4.5 * Capacity) / (255 * Depth)
    Offset = 0

Simon.

simont, Jul 2, 2012
Ask a Question