Garage doors via wiser

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wiser 1 Controller' started by Hikaru, Jan 28, 2011.

1. Hikaru

Hikaru

Just setting up 3 garage door openers to be connected to cbus.

I have the following
    3 b@d doors connected to a low voltage 8 channel relay
    3 magnetical reed switches connected to either a aux input module or a bus couple.
    1 pe beam that goes accross all three doors.

What i would like is to be able to easily see if the door is closed or not. (reed switch i guess)
    Make it so if the pe beam is crossed then the doors will not open to close
    and to be able to open and close via wiser.

I have set each of the 3 doors up as seperate groups and assigned them on the relay. Doors open and close fine.

Just stuck with the other parts.
    I assume i use the aux module and set each reed switch to on off in toolkit and then i just use a lighting status indicator to tell if on or off?

Then i would probably put the pe beam with some logic.
    Would it be easier to wire the pe beam as normally closed and run it through the common on the garage door opener???

Any help greatly appreciated

Hikaru, Jan 28, 2011
  2. Hikaru

znelbok

Most garage door openers should have the ability to include a PE bean in their control by default, so there is no need to include it into C-Bus. The only problem here is that you want to use one PE bean for all three doors which I don't think is a great idea based on what I understand here. You are preventing someone from opening one door because the other doorway is "blocked"

HOw do you want to "see" if the door is opened or closed?

In the past I have used the reed switch to control the LED of a switch, but the pressing of the switch (bell press) activated the door. This was an easy visual indication of the doors status at its control point.

If you have a touchscreen or other then you can do it anyway you want really.

Logic will be needed with the PE beam. Basically its an AND gate. But here is the catch.

Most doors will only need a 1 sec contact closure and then they run to their end limit (open or close) unless they get a subsequent command to stop (this is called O/S/C, open stop close control). your problem here is that the PE beam is useless now to you because you have not got direct control over the doors action unless you code it properly (and its substantially more code then if it was in the motor). This is why for safeyt reasons the PE beam is better off being intefaced directly to the door controller.

It can be done the way you want to do it, but I suspect that it may be beyond your current capabilities - but also a good challenge as well if you are willing to try.

Mick

znelbok, Mar 10, 2011
Ask a Question