G9 LEDs on 5508D1A

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by IanCun, Mar 1, 2015.

1. IanCun

IanCun

I've got 5 x 5508D1A dimmer units as part of my c-bus system and one of the light fittings it controls has 14xG9 bulbs on a channel. This light fitting is hard to reach and a halogen bulb needs changing every month!

Can I use G9 LEDs in this fixture if I use an instant ramp setting (i.e. no dim feature on that channel)? It would mean that the bulbs would very rarely need changing, which would be so much easier!

IanCun, Mar 1, 2015
  2. IanCun

Matthew

other options

Hi
    LED replacement lamps are compromised products so their operation has more limitations and less predictability.
    They may or may not work, 5508D1A is a leading edge dimmer and a lot of LED's seem to work on trailing edge, or more preferably universal.

An alternative option is to set the dimmer to a max of 95% and that should double the life of your halogen lamps. Do this and change all the halogen lamps at once and you're likely to have a maintenance free few years.

Matthew, Mar 7, 2015
  3. IanCun

IanCun

Thanks Matthew, I may hold on a few more years then until there's a bit more certainty with LEDs.

I like the sound of doubling the life span :D. Is there a bulk way of updating all of the lights in one go via Toolkit?

IanCun, Mar 8, 2015
  4. IanCun

Matthew

Not as far as I know, you have to set each channel's max % on each dimmer GUI

Matthew, Mar 31, 2015
  5. IanCun

IanCun

Thanks Matthew!

IanCun, Mar 31, 2015
Ask a Question