Fully Connected Networks

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tidefan, Nov 30, 2009.

1. tidefan

tidefan

I currently have a 3 network system and would like for all three networks to act as one large network. We have a Wiser/CNI on the main network and a CTC on this same network which holds all of our scenes and logic. All application addresses and group addresses are the same for all 3 networks. This is a large house and we need the ability to control any load from any keypad, CTC, etc....and have the lighting group indicators and lighting groups respond as if on one network. We setup originally as a Backbone Network and programmed the bridges to talk to adjacent and other networks so that all three could talk to each other. Works pretty good, but not good enough.

Would this be a good application for a FULLY CONNECTED NETWORK? All network bridges connected from one to the other in a closed loop? Any negatives as to why we should not try this?

tidefan, Nov 30, 2009
  2. tidefan

Newman

If you have 3 networks and each of your two (assuming) bridges are programmed both to "Send to Adjacent" and "Send to Remote Network" then all 3 networks will see all the network messages.

Which part(s) of the installation are not working as you expect? It may be that the problem(s) you're experiencing are nothing to do with the network topology. It's not clear to me what problem you're trying to solve.

All you would do by this is give each receiving network a second copy of the message it already has. Toolkit will also prevent you from configuring your Bridges in this way.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2009
    Newman, Nov 30, 2009
  3. tidefan

cbuster

Maybe you forgot to setup the last bridge to relay messages to alternative network as well (back to first network)

cbuster, Dec 1, 2009
  4. tidefan

tidefan

Topology

See the topology attached as well as screen prints of bridges sitting on my network A and C. For the project there are three networks: A,B,C. B is the near side network for both the A and C bridges. I am having trouble with scenes loaded into a Color Touchscreen that is on network B. All of the scene components are not executing. We copied the same groups/TAGs to all networks, so my group addresses are identical for A,B,C. However, we have noticed that in order to get the seens to work at all, that we had to add the lighting group and correct network (A,B or C) for each scene component. I would have thought that we could have loaded the groups we wanted from Network B, and then the touchscreen and bridges would broadcast to A and C networks but that is not the case. Maybe my problem is in my touchscreen? This is a bit more information. Any thoughts?

Attached Files:

tidefan, Sep 27, 2014
  5. tidefan

tidefan

see attached color touchscreen setup

Attached Files:

tidefan, Sep 27, 2014
  6. tidefan

jboer

How are your Network B near side bridges set up?

So Bridges at addresses 252 and 254 (I think)?

You should be able to just transmit to network B and then the bridges propagate it out.

jboer, Oct 1, 2014
Ask a Question