Frame Transmit Count

Discussion in 'Infrared (NIRT, IR Reader) and CIRCA' started by Maurits Roos, Sep 24, 2006.

1. Maurits Roos

Maurits Roos

In the new version of circa and the Marpa software to use the nirt plate or the matrix for IR control for Volume control or Ch up and down you need to increase the frame count to 255 as you all know.

In both the New circa and Mapa software when you change the tranmit count and save it it apears to change but when you download to the devices it does not change and when you close Circa or Marpa and open up the programes again the transmit count has reverted back to 4

Am I doing somthing wrong or is there a fault in the software

Maurits Roos, Sep 24, 2006
  2. Maurits Roos

Richo

I did receive a report about something like this last week. It is being investigated. Depending on the protocol/device being used your success will vary.

Richo, Sep 25, 2006
  3. Maurits Roos

Richo

I have identidied the problem and created an updated version of Circa. This is currently being tested. I *hope* to be able to release this tomorrow afternoon. But as always I can't promise anything.

We are pushing this through testing as quickly as possible.

Richo, Sep 27, 2006
  4. Maurits Roos

Richo

Richo, Sep 28, 2006
  5. Maurits Roos

Maurits Roos

I Have downloaded the new software and can now adjust the frame count and works fine when you use the test command from circa.

But when you try to control the Volume from a CBUS device such as a switch or Ctouch the transmitter plate still only send out what appears to be a 4 frame pulse and not IR for the duration of the bell press as it should. I have tried it in both lighting and trigger applications and as a Group and action selector and all I appear to get is the same result.

Maurits Roos, Oct 1, 2006
  6. Maurits Roos

Richo

I have just retested this on my development machine, and also checked with the 2 testers that checked this before released. In all cases the Nirt behaved exactly as designed when trigger from C-Bus.

In my configuration I also use bell press so ofcourse I have to hold my finger down on the button for the correct transmit count to be sent.

If you have been ubable to resolve this problem can you please send a copy of your C-Gate (Toolkit) project file and Circa project file to tech support and they will try and recreate the problem.

http://www2.clipsal.com/cis/technical/technical_support

If anyone else is also experiencing this problem please let us know!

Richo, Oct 3, 2006
  7. Maurits Roos

Nathan

I think what Maurits Roos is trying to do is what we have been waiting for for a while now. Pressing the bell press only sends out one string then you have to press again to send another. For volume control user have asked that you just hold the button down and the Ir fires until the bell press is released 9like you would on your normal remote controller) has this been fixed or created in the new version of circa.

Nathan, Oct 3, 2006
  8. Maurits Roos

Richo

That has always been available in Circa. If you set the transmit count to 255 for a command then it will transmit up to 255 times while you hold the button down. Admittedly it is not intuitive to work out that this is the way to do it.

Richo, Oct 3, 2006
  9. Maurits Roos

Maurits Roos

I seem to have got to the bottom of my problem what I have found is that if the project was initially done in with the earlier software even when you increase the frame count it works when testing in Circa but, when you download to the Nirt plate it only puts out what seems to be 4 frames.

If you start a new project with the later software then download to the Nirt plate it works fine with a bell press to volume up and down if you use a group address.

If you use a level or a % in the old circa 0 % was a Killer command and would stop the Nirt plate transmitting when you released the button. In the new Circa we don?t appear to have this hence when press the vol up or down it keep going for the 255 frames even when you release the button.

Maurits Roos, Oct 3, 2006
  10. Maurits Roos

Richo

Would it be possible to send me a copy of the old project (and any required ir reader files) so I can try and replicate this? I will send you my email address via a forum private message.

Hmm... it should be adding the killer automatically. I will look into this issue.

Richo, Oct 3, 2006
  11. Maurits Roos

Richo

Richo, Oct 4, 2006
  12. Maurits Roos

Maurits Roos

I am still having problems with the Circa 2.2 Frame count

If you set up a project in with Circa 2.2 with the default frame count every thing works fine no problems

If you try and increase the frame count after the project has already been saved it saves it in the software but when you down load to the Nirt plate the count appears to stay at 4 when you set up your switch as a bell press the Nirt plate only sends out 4 frames even thou it Is set at 255.

The only way I have successfully been able to increase the frame rate and get it to work is to start a new project.

Drag your IR commands to the appropriate levels or Group addresses then test the Commands that you have increased the frame on and check that the Nirt plate is transmitting for the 255 frames (If you don't test it before you down load to the plate it doesn’t appear to store the frame count increase in the Plate) Then down load to the Nirt plate.

The volume with a bell press now works Fine But a every thing else Turns to crap

If you have been successful in increasing the frame count it appears to work as a global function because every thing else in the project will stay on for what appears to 255 frames unless you issue a 0 command on the bus for the particular group.

You can get around this around this buy setting everything as bell presses or timers because a 0 command is always issued with these functions.

If you are Using logic to do Macros The groups will stay on for the full 255 frames then again a fix for this is to put 0 command after each IR command line in the logic module, if you are using levels when the level change the IR transmit ion stops and you appear to be able to get away with the putting a 0 Command after the last level of your logic macro.

Things really turn to crap when you are using Multi Room Audio with dynamic function of the DLTs as when you press a dynamic function on a DLT you do not have the facility to issue a 0 command afterwards so for all dynamic commands your Nirt plates appear to transmit for the full 255 frames.

If I redo the project using Circa 1 every thing works fine apart from known version 1 issues

In summary My Findings are

If you do not have a need to control volume and all frame rates are set a 4 every thing works perfectly In Circa 2.2

If you have to increase the frame rate you can get away with Circa 2.2 if you use only bell press or Timers

If you are using MRA using the dynamic function and need to control volume Circa 2.2 is virtually unusable all my projects where this is the case I have reverted back to Circa version 1

Has one else is have been having the same problems

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2007
    Maurits Roos, Jan 19, 2007
  13. Maurits Roos

Richo

See followup in other thread you created.

Richo, Jan 20, 2007
Ask a Question