Frame rate below 4

Discussion in 'Infrared (NIRT, IR Reader) and CIRCA' started by Maurits Roos, Sep 10, 2011.

1. Maurits Roos

Maurits Roos

I am currently using Circa 2.6.1 I have found every thing to works fine apart from one thing. One of the most common things to control is your pay TV box here in NZ its SKY, when using you?re navigation buttons to navigate through your Guide or Planner you have choice you can push the button once and it goes down one position or you can press and hold it and it scrolls down to you release and stops.
    When you do it with the Nirt plate it goes down two steps meaning that the IR is being pulsed for to long in earlier versions of circa all you did was dropped the frame rate back to 2 and problem fixed. In Circa 2.6.1 it does not appear to allow you to lower the frame rate below 4 which means you cannot effectively use any functions that involve using the navigation buttons in short #$%ing useless. Do you have a solution for this can we fix it by editing the XML file for the device or do we have to revert back to an earlier version of circa for this device.

Maurits Roos, Sep 10, 2011
  2. Maurits Roos

Newman

You can still make the same changes in the same sort of way.

Open up your .cid project file in either an XML editor or notepad. Search for the section called <Protocols> (it will be somewhere in the middle) and look for the protocol that describes your particular Pay TV box. Within this description will be a field called <MinFrames>, where there will be a value of 4. You need to change this to a 2. Then, save your file, and re-open it in CIRCA. You should then be able to reduce the frame count of your commands to 2 frames where necessary.

Newman, Sep 11, 2011
  3. Maurits Roos

KCW

Hi Newman,

Can I change it to send 1 time only? Our set-top box will move to next 2 channel when send code for 2 times.

KCW, Sep 12, 2011
  4. Maurits Roos

Newman

I would test it with the frame count set to 2 first. Some receivers require a good signal to be received multiple times before they will accept it.

A frame count of 4 does not necessarily mean that all the data is sent in a single frame. Many IR code formats break the data up into 2, or sometimes 3, separate packets.

Many receivers are also smart enough to only process 1 action when multiple frames are received. If this were not so, they would advance multiple steps in response to a user pressing the button on the remote.

Try it at 2 first. Only if this doesn't work would I try reducing it further to 1 but be careful. Reducing it to 1 may make it more unreliable as any interference received during a packet will result in the command not working.

Newman, Sep 12, 2011
Ask a Question