Forgot how to reset time!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by pgordon, Aug 30, 2018.

1. pgordon

pgordon

Hi all... dumb question coming up, that I really should know, but my age is taking its toll, and my memory is pretty poor these days...

I recently installed a few DLTs, and only as a result of that have I noticed the time is wrong in CBUS - it's 1 hour behind...

Now, I originally setup my Wiser (mk1) in the UK (UTC) many years ago, and a few years ago I moved to Norway (UTC+1), and bought it with me. However, I *have* updated the location & the timezone in the PICED project

Now, of course I do notice, because all my DLT's are an hour behind, so I opened up the wiser web UI & went to the config area (screwdriver & spanner) where the CBUS date/time option is located. I set the date & time there, and cbus promptly changes it back a few moments later - and actually it didn't set it back to what it was before, - i.e. 1 hour behind me, it instead set it to some totally bizarre time approximately 71/2 hours behind ... - as I write this at 19:52, and set the time to that, cbus is setting it to 15:09 a few seconds later.... - what gives? - I thought the wiser should be the top of the tree as far as cbus time was concerned, and then is should be able to get timesync from the internet?...

I've checked the Wiser project in PICED, and in the options, "use NTP to maintain time on Wiser" is enabled, the location is correctly set to Norway, the timezone is GMT+01:00, the date is right, the DST settings are right.... I can spot nothing to suggest where the devil it's getting 15:09 from! I've even re-downloaded the project to the Wiser unit... - nothing helps...

How can I find out where the cbus network is getting its time from? - and more to the point, how can I SET the time so that it's right?

TIA

Paul G.

Attached Files:

pgordon, Aug 30, 2018
  2. pgordon

pgordon

Stop press:

I just glanced at my nearest DLT, and it's now showing the correct time... - the last thing I did was re-download the project... I thought I'd waited the advised 90 seconds for it to reset, but perhaps I was too impatient?...

all's well that ends well then I guess!

Paul G.

pgordon, Aug 30, 2018
    Mr Mark likes this.
Ask a Question