Flash Security Light

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by Memphix, Aug 31, 2006.

1. Memphix

Memphix

I'm trying to find the best way to flash all external lights on and off repeatedly while the smoke alarms are active. What would be the best way?

Best I can think of is to have all external lights in a scene then tell it to turn on, delay, turn off, delay, over and over.

I'm new to cbus logic... any help appreciated. Thanks.

Memphix, Aug 31, 2006
  2. Memphix

pastorhinn

Any one can correct me if i am wrong, but i think the easyest way would be.
    Asuming you are using clipsal smoke detectors, use a relay that gets power off your interconect terminal on your smokie(im prety sure its a part number 756 dont quote me on that) then use that to switch a L5504AUX or a 5102BCLEDL to input the voltage free relay contacts into cbus language. Then make it switch an GA say "smoke warning" or some thing and use your colour touch screen or PAC and create a logic program that switches te outside light GAs on and off when the smoke warning GA is active.

Its all just an idea, dont know what you think. Of coarse this is all presuming you have a colour touch screen or a PAC in your installation.
    P.Hinn

pastorhinn, Sep 3, 2006
  3. Memphix

znelbok

apart from the flashing bit, I do that now.

the isolation unit (756) is connected to the aux input which turns on a GA "Smoke detectors". When this GA is on the outside lights and other various lights (lighting a path to the front door - ie hall, entry etc) come on to allow occupants to exist the house safely.

i dont have a pac to make them flash, but that wold be a pretty monir step in the equation. It would help emergency service in finding the house though - "its the one with all the outside lights flashing on and off"

Mick

znelbok, Sep 3, 2006
  4. Memphix

Darren Senior Member

Another approach to try if you have a C-Touch (black and white or colour) installed is to use a repeat schedule to flash the lights and have it enabled by the smoke alarm.

Darren, Sep 4, 2006
Ask a Question