Flash Plugin

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by bprc, Apr 8, 2007.

1. bprc

bprc

Flash Plugin (does NOT work)

Happy Easter guys, long time since my last post but I am happy to announce I'm now living in a fully enabled Cbus house. Yay for me.

Now I have some spare time I've been tweaking some of the install. I'm currently working on some nifty web pages for the Colour C-Touch which require the Flash plugin.

I've read a few posts about using the Flash plugin and it has been stated that the 'should just work'. Well, they don't seem to. Has anybody been able to view Flash on the C-Touch? What version plugin is installed? Can/Will it be updated?

I've tried version 5 through 8 flash files and cannot get them to display. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
    Ben

P.S. Thanks for all the initial help in helping me choose the right products too.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2007
    bprc, Apr 8, 2007
  2. bprc

ashleigh Moderator

I believe it is Flash version 6.

It *should* just work. That was the MS promise!

ashleigh, Apr 10, 2007
  3. bprc

bprc

You trusted MS?? Wow, i thought you guys would know better!

OK, so hypotheticaly let's just say it doesn't work, what now? Can this be looked into a little more? Have you got Bills direct number?

Cheers,
    Ben

bprc, Apr 10, 2007
  4. bprc

Darren Senior Member

It would help if you could send your files and details of what you are trying to do to Tech Support. Ask them to pass the info on to me and I will have someone look into it.

Darren, Apr 11, 2007
  5. bprc

bprc

Anyone had any luck with the Flash plugin yet?

I've given you a few months to think about it while I dove head first into fatherhood. Surely if I can raise a child you guys can get flash working ;)

Darren, I'm not doing anything in particular other than trying to get a flash file embeded in a web page. Any flash file will do, any version!

I can't believe no one else is worried about this. Having flash means we can create virtual keyboards for browsing not to mention a decent looking interface to the web.

It's very hard to try and diagnose what's going on without JavaScript or any sort of client side langauges enabled.

Can anyone verify that this plugin works? Is it only me? Some help on this would be very much appreciated. If you have access to a web server chuck up a simple page with some flash on it and point the browser to it? All you get is a bounding box the size of the flash movie with the little activex icon thingy.

Please help me!

Cheers,
    Ben

bprc, Dec 12, 2007
  6. bprc

bprc

I'm going to assume no one has access to a Colour C-Touch or just doesn't care about the lack of the Flash plugin.

For the Clipsal guys, who's the best person to talk to re this? I'd really like to get this sorted out. I'm going to take a wild guess and assume that all the shakers and movers have gone a 2 month holiday over the Christmas period? That'd be perfect!

Cheers....

bprc, Dec 19, 2007
  7. bprc

Richo

I think it has been clearly stated to send an example to Tech Support. They are the ones that can raise the necessary "work requests" to get this sorted.

Richo, Dec 19, 2007
  8. bprc

bprc

Yeah, sorry about that mate. I figured this being a place to seek help that maybe someone could help. It's good to get a reply anyway.

I'll try to get onto Tech Support again. Is there an email address I can use? I only noticed the tech.training one on the 'official support' page.

Cheers,
    Ben

bprc, Dec 20, 2007
  9. bprc

bprc

Unfortunately not. It doesn't work at all. After a quick call to tech support I was advised that it doesn't work and that it is currently on a medium priority list to be fixed.

So until the next Flash Card update is released the flash plugin is broken. YAY!

Cheers
    Ben

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2007
    bprc, Dec 31, 2007
Ask a Question