Firmware Update

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by Colin Smith, Mar 24, 2008.

1. Colin Smith

Colin Smith

I have spent this morning (Easter Monday) trying to get my first PAC programmed. Using version 4.3.0 the PAC unit came back and said that the PAC was running (2. - something) and that I needed to upgrade the firmware or use an earlier version of PICED.
    Question: is the mot file in the folder named "firmware" the file to be uploaded to the PAC?
    If not, where do I obtain the new firmware.
    If this is the updated firmware could the PICED software automatically point to it and ask to upload it.

Strange behavior with version 3.9.0
    I happen to have version 3.9.0 sitting on my second HDD. It connected to the PAC via usb. It warned that the program was written in a latter version. It let me run the programs from my laptop and the lighting responded as programmed. When I tried to upload to the PAC, the first thing that happened is that in the status window it showed that the software was closing the connection and then the error message popped up saying that it could not connect because there was no connection. I tried changing all manner of things, but with the same result.

Hopefully version 4.3.0 will let me connect and upload the new firmware. However the system now has me wondering if I will be able to connect to upload the .mot file.
    Have I missed something obvious?, it's no fun having things go pear shaped with the client looking over your shoulder.

Colin Smith, Mar 24, 2008
  2. Colin Smith

Newman

You're correct, the .mot file in the %Installed Path%\PICED\Firmware folder is the firmware. You actually should find a couple of files in there for things like the C-Touch as well. The one for the PAC is called "PACA_xxxxxx.mot".

When doing the project transfer there is an option to browse for the firmware file and then download it to the unit as part of the transfer. When you try to transfer your project PICED will warn you if your firmware version is old.

If you're unsure about your USB drivers you can open C-Bus Toolkit (1.8.1) and go to the file menu. There's a USB Drivers menu item and you can install the PACA USB driver from here, although it should have been correctly installed when PICED was installed anyway.

Don't bother with PICED 3.9.0. If you've got PICED 4.3.0 and you've successfully downloaded the new firmware to it then you should be OK.

Newman, Mar 24, 2008
Ask a Question