Firmware Changelog

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by jsadler, Jul 27, 2010.

1. jsadler

jsadler

Hi,

Does anyone have / know where I can find an official 'changelog' of firmware versions for input and output units?

In particular I am after Classic Series Input Units, but would be nice to have for all units.

Stock rotation at both Schneider and many of the local electrical wholesalers over here is very poor - the new gear obviously gets put at the front of the shelves - and consequently we **often** get very old gear turn up at a job.

I've recently got approx 20 units of C2000 Series 1 and 2 button switches for a job - of these more than half of them were more than 3 years old according to the date on the box. Some were 6 or 7 years old. This is one of the worse cases I've seen.

Consequently, I have some units which are version 1.2.67, others that are 2.2.00 and others that are 2.4.00.

This is all a bit frustrating as one of my colleagues installed the switches and it was not until I was onsite programming that I noticed how old some of them were. Half of me says to take them back, the other half of me says forget it as it will take time (and therefore money) to change out the units!

Can anyone tell me what changed between these versions of classic KEY1 KEY2 and KEY4 units?

If these versions include bug fixes I'll be having some strong words with our wholesaler. If it is only learn mode features etc. I'm not going to be so worried, still a pain in the ass though - when a product is not field upgradeable one would expect to receive new firmware when buying new gear!

Cheers,
    Jonathan.

jsadler, Jul 27, 2010
  2. jsadler

Newman

As far as the 2000 series units go, 2.2.00 and 2.4.00 are almost identical. The only difference is a subtlety to do with how the unit processes received messages on the Secondary Application when the Secondary Application is set to Enable Control. They are identical in all other respects.

The 1.2.67 firmware was the staple firmware for the 2000 series for many years, until only about 12 - 18 months ago, when the need to change the hardware required Clipsal to redesign things, hence the change in firmware numbers. The biggest difference you'll see between 1.2.67 and 2.x.x is that on 2.x.x you can remotely trigger a Scene in another unit whilst still using the other buttons on the switch to control lighting groups.

The programming in Toolkit is a little different between 1.2.67 and 2.x.x, but the Toolkit Convert function enables units that have been programmed in the database for one version to be converted to the other if the on-network units are different.

It's pretty poor form that you've been delivered new units that were manufactured some time ago. The 2000 series hardware was stable for a very long time so, if they do the job they'll be just fine.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2010
    Newman, Jul 28, 2010
Ask a Question