Fireplace control by C-Bus or Ness M1

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cezar_oz, Jan 15, 2010.

1. cezar_oz

cezar_oz

Does anyone know which gas fireplace models can be controlled via C-Bus and how (I presume you will need to set it up as a switch, run pink cable, etc) ?

Alternatively - which models can be controlled directly by M1 (this will require a slot for a relay I suppose)?

Google reveals only 2 models (Realflame Captiva and Jetmaster 850), but neither provide any meaningful details (and the sale folks need a bit of flame under their arses)

Thanks heaps

cezar_oz, Jan 15, 2010
  2. cezar_oz

steve22537

I ended up using a Realflame Simplicity 1000, any unit that has an external power swich will do and I would think that all the Realflame units would use the same ignition / control system. The on/off switch was replaced with a relay contact (The original on /off switch was in series with the active cable). I also set the DLT switch not to turn the heater on until the switch had been pressed for 5 seconds and on the second screen. Idealy I would prefer to have to press two buttons before the heater turns on, but ran out of switches.

Hope this helps, its great to show off to guests.:D

Steve

steve22537, Jan 15, 2010
Ask a Question