Finding a consultant/installer

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rkc62, Jun 3, 2010.

1. rkc62

rkc62

I'm sorry if this has been asked and answered (and I'm sure it has but I couldn't find it)...
    I'm about to build a house, and the builder isn't up to speed on C-Bus. He has suggested we use a consultant who can work with us and the builder to get the job done, which sounds like a plan to me.
    But how do I find one with confidence? If I go to the clipsal site I get a list of Qld installers (interestingly, more on the Gold Coast or Sunshine Coast than in Brisbane...) but precious little other than their speciality (Commercial vs Residential) to tell them apart. I don't want to throw $50,000 at a system for someone to work it out as they're going along, but I'm perfectly happy to spend that if I end up with the system I want.
    So... do we "interview" consultants? Do they charge for a first/sales meeting?

Any advice appreciated.
    Russell C.

rkc62, Jun 3, 2010
  2. rkc62

NickD Moderator

NickD, Jun 4, 2010
  3. rkc62

darrenblake

Recommended installer

Hi Russell,

Call Sam at Auztech. He can help you with all your C-Bus, electrical, and all other home technologiies

Sam Blacket
    Unit 25, 8 Riverland Drive
    Loganholme QLD 4129
    Phone: 07 3806 3133
    Fax: 07 3806 2755
    Email: [email protected]

darrenblake, Jun 13, 2010
Ask a Question