Field of view and sensity of Motion detector

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BigBoyVn, Mar 6, 2009.

1. BigBoyVn

BigBoyVn

I want to ask about the motion detector Field of View.

1. As indicated in the installation instruction manual, the maximum mounting height is 3.7m.
    If I mount the sensor at 4m, what will the field of field of view in this case?

2. How to configure to achive the best sensity of the sensor?

3. Is the field of view diagram in the manual correct for both detector : 5753L and 5753PEIRL?

4. If I install it in a basement, is a running car an object to active the light through motion sensor?

I looking forward for your answer!:)
    Thank you very much!

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2009
    BigBoyVn, Mar 6, 2009
  2. BigBoyVn

Newman

A definitive answer cannot be given because the unit would be being used outside of it's tested operating parameters. The issue here is that as the unit gets higher it is getting further from the target and the amount of infrared energy received in each segment of the sensor decreases. The final effect would most likely be that the range was the roughly the same as at the 3.7m height and that objects close to the floor would need to move a larger amount to be detected.

The units are set up for maximum sensitivity when they are shipped. The 5753PEIRL has the ability to reduce the sensitivity by adjusting one of the Pots (screw adjustments) under the decorative cover on the bottom of the unit. By default, this is set to Pot B.

The detection pattern is identical between the two.

The sensor detects changes in infrared light, which is radiated from warm objects. When you pull into your basement with your car the car will be warm (unless you've just started it up and it's been in the cold) and will almost certainly trip the sensor.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2009
    Newman, Mar 6, 2009
  3. BigBoyVn

BigBoyVn

Thank you!

Dear Mr.Newman,

Thank you very much for your answers!

Best regards!

BigBoyVn, Mar 13, 2009
Ask a Question