Fibaro Home center 2 integration

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by N.W.B, Aug 25, 2019.

1. N.W.B

N.W.B

Hi all, I was wondering if it would be possible to integrate the fibaro Home center 2 with C-bus?

I’m building a new a house and I have decided to go with C-Bus but looking at a Hub type system for remote control. Any thoughts ?

N.W.B, Aug 25, 2019
  2. N.W.B

NickD Moderator

There are 2 ways to integrate such a thing...

One would be via the published C-Bus protocols, in which case you would need an interface (PCI or CNI) and someone to have written the driver.

The other would be via IP.. in which case you need one of the Automation controllers... in which case you might as well just use that for your remote control.

What is it on the Fibaro ecosystem that you are looking to integrate?

Nick

NickD, Aug 27, 2019
    Custom POL35Y likes this.
  3. N.W.B

Custom POL35Y

Hi Nick.
    Not that I raised the initial topic, but we do have a few installations where the client's budget was limited at the time, so part of their home is C-Bus, whilst the other is conventional electrical. My query is similar (well I believe it is) to N.W.B's query, where I am thinking of installing a Fibaro HC3, with the hope of triggering and linking it to the rest of the C-Bus installation. A "Good Night" scene would consist of C-Bus load groups plus new Fibaro load groups, etc.
    When you mention using a PCI or CNI (or I assume a 5500SHAC?) and "someone to have written the driver", would this include the Skaro Home Automation Bridge?

Thanks

Custom POL35Y, Dec 13, 2020
Ask a Question