Faulty wireless plug adapter

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wireless Hardware' started by conor1, Jun 23, 2012.

1. conor1

conor1

Was wondering if anyone has had any problems with above , I have 1 relay plug adapter which has started turning off and on approx every 10 secs intervals , I will switch it on it comes on fine 10 secs later it goes off amber flashing lights on side flash as if it is trying to do something and then go off , all had been working on the site for aprox 3 to 4 years until now , no programming has been changed and I have double checked this as well , I am going to factory reset and see if this cures it ,any advise most appreciated .

Cheers

Conor

conor1, Jun 23, 2012
  2. conor1

Mr Mark

Hello Conor.

I've got 2 dimming plug adapters that both failed within a two week period and they both exhibit the same symptoms. I've just moved house and need to dig them out to confirm the age, but they may be older than yours.

Mark

Mr Mark, Jun 23, 2012
  3. conor1

ashleigh Moderator

If the indicators are giving a flashing pattern (which you normally see on power up) then it sounds like the internal micro is restarting, and going through the power up sequence over and over again.

I saw one of these recently, I think its an electronic failure, but not 100% sure. Suggest you try and return to Clipsal for repair.

ashleigh, Jun 23, 2012
  4. conor1

Htnut

I have had a lot of failures with the wireless product including at least 2 plug adaptors. I have one plug adaptor that does what you are describing and I was told by support that its caused by a failed capacitor so I assume it is a common fault.

If this is the case I think that it would be fair for Clipsal to repair/replace free of charge

Htnut, Jun 25, 2012
  5. conor1

conor1

Thanks

Hi all ,
    Thanks for your advise and comments , I am not sure if CBus wireless is still available in uk ? So wouldn't be confident on getting it repaired .
    Cheers conor

conor1, Jun 25, 2012
  6. conor1

jamesng

I've have two LE Plug Adapter Dimmer Units fail to after several years of use. One was made 21 Jan 2008 and the other 28 Jan 2009 (so are obviously out of warranty)

Both go repeatedly go through the flashing startup sequence on power up.

Is this a problem that can be repaired for a reasonable cost or are these destined for the rubbish and I need to purchase new units?

Cheers
    James

jamesng, Apr 12, 2013
Ask a Question