Faulty Relay?

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by abg, Feb 11, 2009.

1. abg

abg

Yesterday I lost my entire c-bus network after weeks of stable running. All the C-bus leds on the output units went out and none of the input units (sensors or switches worked) but the unit lights on the ouputs were on. Local overrides worked. All c-bus comms seemed to fail.

I tracked it down to an eight channel relay (including power supply) which, when connected to the network with 240v to LHS the c-bus indicators on all other network output units go out. When not connected to the network at all everything is fine. When connected to the network without 240v power the network is fine and the unit is visible and can be edited (database and network) even thought it doesn't have it's unit or c-bus lights on.

When I put this unit on a test network with just a CNI (so only two items on the network) and give power to it - this tiny network is ok.

Having had everything stable and having made no changes it seems strange that the unit causes the rest of the network to fail (but only with power applied). Total power supply is 2000ma (provided by various relays and dimmers) and consumption is ~1600ma.

Any ideas greatly appreciated...

Andrew

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2009
    abg, Feb 11, 2009
  2. abg

______.

It's faulty, replace it and move on :D:D

______., Feb 11, 2009
  3. abg

abg

I hope it's that simple! Still under warranty so happy if that's the case. No more wasted hours.....:)

abg, Feb 11, 2009
Ask a Question