Fan Controller - Hunter Pacific Fans

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Phoneman, Jan 27, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phoneman

Phoneman

Greetings,

Has anyone had any success integrating Hunter Pacific fans with CBus.

Is there a capacitor you can purchase or should I give up and wire a dial switch into a relay circuit?

Phoneman, Jan 27, 2021
  2. Phoneman

Ashley

Are you referring to AC motor or DC motor fans? For AC motor fans you just install the capacitor that came with it into the fan controller. For DC motor fans, there is no simple cbus solution (but it's possible).

Ashley, Jan 28, 2021
  3. Phoneman

Phoneman

So I have pulled the switch apart and found what I gather is the capacitor block/s mounted to a board.

They are labeled L(Red), 1 (Black), 2 (Yellow), 3 (Grey) with power directly fused to 1 (high).

That is where I am stuck. I know I should get a qualified sparky to do it but I like to tinker.

Attached Files:

• fan.jpg
      fan.jpg
      File size:
      337.3 KB
      Views:
    Phoneman, Feb 6, 2021
  4. Phoneman

NickD Moderator

Hi Phoneman..

I've had this thread reported to me, and from reading it, it sounds like you're considering doing some unlicensed electrical work..

For this reason, I'm going to lock the thread after this post.

As far as your original question goes, if it's an AC fan motor with a speed controller that switches different capacitors to control the speed, then usually it can be controlled by the L5501RFCP C-Bus Sweep Fan Controller.

An experienced C-Bus integrator should be able to help you with this.

Nick

NickD, Feb 8, 2021
    Ian likes this.
  5. Phoneman

ashleigh Moderator

Just to add a note on to that reply.

Being a community forum there is all kinds of advice offered here.

The people who run the forum do so for no commercial gain (they just pay the various fees year after year). That does not remove their legal liability for publishing information that may break the law, or worse, cause injury that leads to legal action against those who reply, as well as those who allow the reply to be published.

So the reason for locking the thread and not answering is: work that needs to be done by a qualified person should be done by that qualified person. If we give advice and you hurt yourself, then we and the publishers may have a legal liability - even though time, hosting fees, etc are all donated.

We can't take the risk. Sorry.

ashleigh, Feb 8, 2021
    AsOk and Ian like this.
Ask a Question