Fan Control with old S2000 style input unit?

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by Ingo, Jan 5, 2016.

1. Ingo

Ingo

I have an old style S2000 input unit and was wondering how I can control a Fan Controller from this unit. From the research I've done there is no Fan option on the keypad, no Secondary Application setting and also no Scene option. The one button controls the light and I want to use the second button for the fan.

Is there another way to control the Fan Controller from these old units? Just for interest, the firmware of the keypad is 1.2.67.

Thanks,
    Ingo

Ingo, Jan 5, 2016
  2. Ingo

Roosta

Logic, think its the only way to go..

Roosta, Jan 5, 2016
  3. Ingo

Ashley

If you can make do with only 2 speeds just set short release to toggle and long press to recall 1 with the appropriate value (or vice-versa). Short press will toggle between off and high speed, and long press will select either slow or medium speed depending upon the recall value set.

Otherwise a simple bit of logic to translate a lighting ga to a trigger group ga will give you your 3 speeds.

Ashley, Jan 5, 2016
  4. Ingo

Ingo

Thanks both. I thought logic would be the only option for >2 speeds but hoped there was a simpler option without using a later model keypad. Luckily I have a PAC in the network so will investigate that option once my kit arrives.

Ingo

Ingo, Jan 5, 2016
Ask a Question