Fade problem

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by Andrew, Feb 8, 2005.

1. Andrew

Andrew

Has anyone experienced problems with the image on a B&W touch screen fading? Am wondering if the heat is effecting it. Some days it can be quite hard to see. :confused:

Andrew, Feb 8, 2005
  2. Andrew

UncleDick

How long has the unit been installed - what is the build date, how high on the wall is it mounted, is the effect noticable day and night (reflected light issues) is IR target to top or bottom of the screen? All Basic questions I know but best to get them out of the way before going any further.

UncleDick, Feb 8, 2005
  3. Andrew

Andrew

The unit has been in for about 18 months (give or take). I?ll have to let you know what the exact build date is ? I don?t have that info with me at the moment. It?s 1500 high. It?s in a dark room with very, very little natural light and the IR is to the top.

The screen does seem to fluctuate between light on one use then dark on another, but it is definitely lighter than it used to be when it?s at it?s darkest now? if you know what I mean. There seems to be lighter and darker strips through the screen. It?s a bit like when you flex a game screen and it fades in and out. Having said that, I wonder if something is jammed behind it and flexing it. It?s been on and off the wall a few times although there is nothing in the wall that should obstruct. It?s actually easy to see at some angels and difficult to see at others. Looking from the left side you cannot see it at all ? centre is ok but a bit of a strain and from the right it starts to improve. We have had extreme temps here and no air conditioning. It would be about 38 ? 40 degrees in our office at the moment. That?s why I was wondering about the temperature thing.

I?ve just started using tool kit and have upgraded the network but have not done anything with the touch screen yet in terms of getting it up to date. Would that be causing any problems? I don?t think it?s a programming type issue though. I?d guess it?s more like something has failed internally.

Andrew, Feb 8, 2005
  4. Andrew

UncleDick

Get in Touch with CIS tech support on 1300 722 247

UncleDick, Feb 9, 2005
Ask a Question