External lighting disabled via External Lux Level sensor

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by kojobomb, Mar 25, 2022.

1. kojobomb

kojobomb

I have a 5031pewp-gy external light level sensor installed and multiple buildings with external lighting that I want to enable/disable all external lighting at a certain LUX threshold and only use PIR sensors for occupancy status.
    What is the simplest method of achieving this outcome, over time I have taught myself how to program toolkit and my SHAC and have realized there are usually many ways to achieve an outcome, some quicker and simpler than others, and I have found myself going back and re-doing many things in search of the simplest and most robust setups.
    How do I link ALL external lighting group address? so that they can all be disabled and enabled at the same light level?
    I know i can link all external lighting via keywords in the SHAC but once again a simpler method via toolkit would be preferable.
    I don't see the point in broadcasting the lux level, is there any need? Maybe a need in the future.
    Setup a Trigger control group?
    I know this is probably a stupidly basic question to be asking but better to ask than to keep botching solutions.
    thank you.

kojobomb, Mar 25, 2022
  2. kojobomb

Ashley

Assuming you are using Cbus relays or dimmers to control the lights, you can use the unit logic function. On the logic tab add in the enable cbus group address, select all the relevant channels and select either AND for relays or MIN for dimmers. This way when the enable ga is zero the lights will be forced to zero, and when the enable ga is 100% the lights will follow their assigned ga.

Ashley, Mar 25, 2022
  3. kojobomb

kojobomb

Thank you Ashley, Yes relays and dimmers are in use for all the external lighting and the logic controls worked a treat thanks for your time and support.

kojobomb, Mar 26, 2022
Ask a Question