Experiences with MediaTransport

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by MHeaton, Jul 29, 2016.

1. MHeaton

MHeaton

Hi there,
    I thought I would share a number of things that I have noticed while building an application (a Windows Service). This application acts as a virtual MRA Switcher and allows me to control Roku Soundbridges and a Sonos device by way of the MRA Audio v3 control on the Wiser 2 and a B&W Mk II touch screen:
    • The Media Transport control would benefit from logically separating the concept of a now playing queue from the track list of, say a selected album. This also suggest a need for commands such as AddToQueue, ReplaceQueue, ClearQueue and InsertInQueue
    • A command to pass an album art URL to the Wiser 2 would be useful (especially if that opens up the ability to browse content...) Could also consider other meta data like track length.
    • You really need a 4 layer hierarchy: Category, Genre,Artist,Album to Track
    • It would be helpful if the text controls could clip content as an option to stop it spilling outside an area
    • Some form of control to allow rapid scrolling through long lists
    • The documentation is not clear on when the Next, Next Plus One etc. message should be sent when pressing 'Next' e.g. if you have already sent a 'Next' and press Next do you have to send the 'Current' again.
    • The separately noted issues with the _NAME commands on CGATE concerning UTF8, the problem of trailing and leading spaces on the 11 byte boundary, and the fact you can't clear those fields or set them to an empty text string

Any thoughts would be welcome!!

Thanks
    Mark

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2016
    MHeaton, Jul 29, 2016
Ask a Question